F I V E

"Are you coming to class today to talk to the kids?" Rosé asked Suzy as she poured herself some coffee. She was a school teacher, and in Suzy's opinion, the best teacher ever.

"Yeah, looking forward to see how you handle those kids." Suzy sipped on her coffee and grinned. "The kids love me." Rosé said proudly. "We shall see. Mom's in town and I thought I'd go see her early before she disappears out on her lunch date with one of her admirers."

Rosé laughed. Suzy's mom had never settled down again since divorcing her father nine years ago. But the experience of her marriage had not kept her from enjoying male company.

"Are you gonna talk about your dad?" She inquired. "Oh yeah, only mom would know what his motives might be." Suzy stood and folded the newspaper neatly.

"Alright then. What time are you coming to school then?" Rosé asked. "Around 12:30." Suzy stated. "Okay, see you then."

Once Rosé was gone, Suzy decided to check on her mother. "Mom, are you available for the next half hour?" She asked once her mother had picked up the phone. "Yes sweetie, you wanna come over?"

"Yeah, I'll be there shortly." Hanging up, Suzy hunted for her keys, hoping her mother would be able to help her.

Fifteen minutes later, Suzy was sat in her mother's living room. "Just how the hell am I supposed to prove to him that I want him and my sisters gone from my life for good?" She sighed and rested her head on her mother's shoulder.

"Honey, I may have been with your dad for twenty years but I still can't tell what goes through his head. I don't know what to suggest." Her mother said with disappointment.

"He thinks that I can't make it on my own without having a man in my life." Suzy muttered in disbelief. "Honey, as much as I'm trying to think of ways to get him to finally grant you what you've always wanted, I would also like to see you happy with a handsome young man by your side." Her mother admitted with a smile.

"Mom, you know that I just-"

"They like you for who you are, Suzy. They don't see where you come from or who your family is. Even if they did know that, they wouldn't care. And besides, a woman had needs you know!"

"Mom!" Suzy exclaimed.

"I'm not taking back what I said." Her mom shrugged. "I'm not asking you to marry the next guy that you go out with. Just have some damn fun!"

Suzy sighed. She knew her mother was right, just as Rośe had been. Maybe it was time to actually take notice for a change.

-

Hoseok was bored. As much as he loved having time away from work, he was having a hard time to decide what to do to keep his mind occupied. There was only so many hours he could dance away, walks he could take with his dog and days he could spend thinking about Bae Suzy.

Never before had he allowed someone to take over his mind as much as he was allowing Suzy to. As he pondered about her once more, an annoying buzzing noise seemed to fill the room. He sighed before answering his phone.

"Hyung, are you busy?"

"What's up, Tae?"

"I need a huge favor, hyung. I was supposed to pick up Jong Gyu from school today because mom's got Eun Jin at home sick. Problem is, I'm at Jimin's and I don't think I'm gonna be able to get away on time."

"Why're you at Jimin's house?" Hoseok asked a little harshly. He felt slightly pissed at the thought of his friends getting together while leaving him to die out of boredom.