Eight: A Different Perspective

NightWings/Dick Grayson POV
———————————————————
"UGH!" I scream as I punch the wall as hard as I can, why didn't I kiss her?! I had the chance and I blew it.. I mean really?? A hug?!? I sat down, and rested my elbows on my knees, and ran my hands through my hair. I punched he cold hard floor, so hard my hand started to bleed. "Is everything ok??" I heard a younger voice say. I turned around to see Damian, "Yea, I'm ok bud." I sighed and stood up. "Dick, your hand.." He said in a worried voice. "Oh, I-uhh. I scraped it on a brick wall in patrol today, that's all." I said and smiled. "Ok, well dad wants to see you." He replied, as he walked out the door. It was weird to have Damian call Bruce, Dad. Since he wasn't my real father when I was growing up, I always called him Bruce. But since Damian was Bruce's biological son, it was different. I entered Bruce's office and saw him sitting in his chair at his desk, doing paperwork. "You wanted to see me Bruce?" I asked, "Yes I did, I'm going to be unable to go on patrol for the next few weeks, so I'm going to ask you to do them for now, since you're already doing tomorrow nights, and Damian is still to young to go on his own." He said in a formal way. "YES! I mean, sure." I say, getting a bit embarrassed. "Ok good, that's all I needed." He replied.
I was lying in bed, trying to get to sleep, but I couldn't, all I could think about was my regret and guilt of not kissing Y/n.. I grabbed my phone and checked the time, it was still only 2am, I got my earphones and plugged them into my phone, and put on 'Rockstar' by Post Malone. Eventually, I fell asleep, with my earphones still in.
I woke up the next morning, at around 6am. I decided to get up straight away and train and/or work out. I finished at.. wait... OH CRAP! It was already 8:30?! School started in 10mins! I grabbed my bag and ran out the door.
I arrived at school about 5mins later, because I was running so fast, I had English first. Yes! I had it with Y/n. I grabbed my books and heading in, sat at the back of the class and saved a seat for her. 5mins later, she walked in scanning the class, she saw me, and I waved and smiled. She walked over and plonked her books down on the desk, and rested her head, "Hey, don't go to sleep, class is about to start." I laughed and smiled, she was so beautiful, even though she was tired. I tilted her head up, and stared into her eyes, we both leaned in for a kiss when, "Ok, class sit down, and get out your text books." We moved back to our desks and did what the teacher instructed.
*Skip school*
I got home and flopped on my bed and screamed into my pillow, "so close!" I said to myself in a whisper tone. I went to bed early, around 8pm, I couldn't be bothered doing a work out right now.

End of POV

-------------------------------------