Chapter 14

"You okay baby? You've been quiet"

He looks up at me and places his fork onto the table and sighs.

Oh no what is he about to say? Oh no. Lord please tell me my boyfriend did not cheat on me, or is leaving me, oh Lord please.

"Diamond I-"

--

"Diamond I want to ask you something and I don't want you to take it in a wrong way"

I sigh and he looks me in my eyes and grabs both my hands.

"Your scaring me Xavier, what is it?"

"Oh baby it's nothing bad I promise. Im just nervous I guess you could say" He slightly smiles and I bite my lip nervously.

"I want you to be my fiance Diamond. I want us to get married and have 10 kids one day and live in a good neighborhood with a fence and a big backyard. I want that. I want that with you. You have been by my side since the start. In middle school holding hands, In high school kissing and going on dates, football games, and so much more. I love you Diamond and I want to be with you forever".

I gasp as tears come down my face.

"Why did you think I would take it in a bad way?" I ask. "I didn't want you thinking I only asked because you are pregnant. Ive been thinking about asking you to marry me for about a year now, Ive had the engagement ring for 10 months".

I smile as the tears continue to come down and he wipes them away and kisses my lips.

"Oh my Xavier. Youve been thinking about it for that long?"

He nods his head and stands up from his seat and immediately gets on one knee in front of me. He digs in his pocket and takes out a box and opens it showing the beautiful ring.

"Diamond, My love, The love of my life, The mother of my upcoming child and future children, will you marry me?"

I nod my head over and over again not even thinking twice of my answer "Yes times a million times".

He smiles and slides the ring on my finger and kisses my lips and then sits back down in his seat. I look down at the ring just smiling. I can't stop smiling. It's beautiful.

--

Next Morning

"Baby"

I open my eyes and see Xavier with a tray of breakfast.

"Goodmorning" He says smiling down at me as I sit up "Goodmorning".

"I made you breakfast"

He hands me the tray and I sit it on my lap and smile. I grab the orange juice to take a sip and see my ring in the process and smile.

"We are going to get married" I say more to myself but knowing Xavier can hear me.

"We are baby" He kisses me.

"Id love to say here with you but Ive got to get to practice" He says.

"Practice? It's not even football season" I state.

"Coach still wants us practicing with him at least once a week sometimes we will skip a week, it all depends".

"Okay. Wait hold on, what time is it?"

"Umm 10:30"

"I have to go get Jaycee" I remind myself.

"Alright well Ill see you later fiance" he winks his eye at me and kisses me one last time and I giggle.