Remember Me Forever

Victoria’s p.o.v

Title inspired by Heavy Hangs the Albatross by Alesana

The wind swept up from underneath me. It was cold and nippy. The winter was brutal, and there’s no point in denying that.

“Just gotta love the Scranton weather,” I said to myself when no one was around.

Another cold breeze blew my hair to my face. Burrowing deeper into my overcoat, I shivered and licked my dry lips.

My nose was probably bright red by now. And my feet were going numb. I looked at my reflection in the car window and saw that my nose was red.

Quickly, I got in my car and turned the heat up, taking to warm my shivering body.

Seconds later I saw Jace rush out of my apartment and towards his car. Soon enough he turned on his car too and we were off.

We arrived in Scranton around 3 a.m. in the morning since our flight was delayed. We would have originally got here just before midnight but that wasn’t the case.

Jace and I were both dying of sleep when we got here so we came to my new apartment and slept until an hour ago when we had to wake up because we still need to go get Jace’s new house keys.

Everything was already sorted out he just needed to sign a few papers and then the moving truck was going to come to his new house with all of his belongings.

He was excited.

It was his new home, with a new start so he could hardly contain his happiness. I, on the other hand, still needed a few more hours of sleep to get through the day.

 Today was going to be a long day. I promised Jace that I was going to help him unpack and then later tonight I was going to meet my parents for dinner.

And the weather wasn’t on our inside either. Apparently there was going to be a “winter storm” to get Scranton pretty soon which meant that it was going to be freezing.

Great.

I’m seriously hoping that the movers can just get all of Jace’s things into the house within an hour or two so we wouldn’t have to stand out there for alone.

Throughout the years I kind of forget how cold it was here. It was cold in Chicago as well but they’re completely different. It’s not like I hate the cold, it doesn’t bother me but it’s just hard to explain.

We drove off to the neighborhood where Jace were moving too and it looked pretty nice. This would be the first time I’m seeing this in person.

This is actually the first time I have even seen this part of Scranton. I’m pretty sure I have never been here in this part.

Jace came to Scranton a few weeks ago to check out a few houses for himself and he wanted me to come along with him but I didn’t.

There was a convention at Chicago for crime writers and I wanted to check it out and to hopefully find some new writers that could be published by Crecidit Gloria.

I did find some new talent and I met some fans of mine which is always a great thing. Jace sent me many pictures but pictures could never compare to the real thing.

I remember exactly what he told me and what happen when he saw the house he’s moving too. This was exact message.

Jace: V! I found the house! It’s so beautiful! It has three rooms and three bathrooms! It’s the one V! I love it so much! Words cannot describe the warm feeling I got inside when I first saw it. It’s so perfect.