Chapter 5

Authors note: small smut warning for this chapter, but it's not much.

Song choice: Chaplan Candy by rei brown  

"Let's go back to high school," Cheryl suggests one morning, a bright smile on her face as she awaits her girlfriend's reaction.

Toni's eyes widen the minute the proposal leaves Cheryl's lips.

"No," she shakes her head firmly.

High school is truly hell on Earth, and the greatest form of torture a person could put themselves through. Why Cheryl enjoyed it so much, she'll never understand.

"Oh come on," Cheryl pouts, coming up behind her girlfriend to wrap her arounds around her waist. "It's been years since we've been."

"Yes, blissful years, some of the best years of my life actually. I'm not ruining that by going back to school," Toni tells her, shrugging out of Cheryl's grasp and walking over to sit on the living room couch.

She refuses to budge about this.

Cheryl follows after her, stopping once she's stood in front of Toni, with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Toni, we've been held up inside this apartment for too long. We need to get out more, I don't think we've even made a single friend in the past ten years," Cheryl argues pointedly.

"That's because all our friends die, babe," Toni raises on eyebrow, "Do you really want to go out and make more friends just to watch them all grow old and die?"

Cheryl frowns, "Why are you only cynical when it's convenient for you?"

"When else am I supposed to be?" Toni wonders, looking up at her girlfriend's beautiful body appreciatively.

Cheryl sighs frustratedly and goes to move away but Toni's hands reach out to grab at her thighs and stop her.

"Baby," Toni starts softly, while slowly pulling Cheryl closer, "We don't need anyone else, the only person I need in order to be happy is you."

Cheryl softens at the confession, and allows herself to be dragged down to sit on Toni's lap.

"You're all I need to be happy too," she admits, lifting a hand to brush some hair away from Toni's face, "I just, I don't know, I want some sense of normalcy back in my life. It's been so long since we've lived like normal people, I kinda miss it."

Toni looks at Cheryl for awhile, thinking the girl's words over.

It has been a long time since the couple's done "human" things, such as go to school or work a job. They used to do those things a lot more often, just to keep themselves entertained more than anything. They'd always have to disappear for a bit afterwards, just to ensure everyone they met forgot about them and would never discover their true identities, but then, a couple decades later they'd come back and do it all over again.

Since they've moved to the quaint town of Riverdale, they hardly get out at all. Choosing to spend the majority of their time cooped up in their apartment, going out to feed occasionally, but for the most part flying under the radar.

Maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to go back to high school for a couple years. Sure, Toni always hated school, feeling much to old for the drama and immaturity of it all, but it would make Cheryl happy, and she loved making Cheryl happy.

"Besides," Cheryl adds, a determined look in her eye, "I want to see how long it will take me to go from the nobody new girl, to queen of the whole school. Maybe I can break my record of 27 days."