Chapter 6

Author's note: so I've decided to slowly reveal cheryl and toni's past through mini flashbacks within the chapters. just like the present day stuff, the flashbacks may not appear in order. I promise eventually the timeline will make sense though and you'll get all the answers as to how cheryl and toni became vampires and what not.

also! I'm currently at university and don't have a lot of free time for writing, so updates may be slow, but I'll try to get out smaller chapters as often as I can. anyway, I hope u enjoy this chapter, thanks for reading!

Song choice: anemone by slenderbodies  

Flashback
May 14th 1748

"We can't let my parents hear us," Cheryl quietly mumbles in-between their heated kisses. Toni has her arms wrapped around her waist, and her hands gently exploring underneath the soft fabrics of Cheryl's expensive clothing. The red-haired beauty had her arms locked around Toni's neck, hands tangling through the luscious locks of hair that cascaded down Toni's back.

They were completely enamoured with one another. Focused entirely on every touch they shared, and each sound they made.

The thought of her sleeping parents, who had a tendency to investigate when something in the Blossom manor appeared out of ordinary, only just crossed Cheryl's mind as her and Toni separated for breath.

"They won't hear us, love," Toni assures her, softly kissing the dip of Cheryl's neck, before sweeping some of her fiery hair back and continuing her light kisses along the girl's collarbone.

"You underestimate my mother's knack for poorly timed intrusion," Cheryl shudders, leaning back slightly, giving Toni more access to her skin for her to delicately brush her lips over.

Cheryl feels Toni's lips turn up in a smile as the other girl reaches just above her breast. Toni kisses the spot, and then, she's lightly sucking on Cheryl's porcelain skin. The redhead closes her eyes, a shaky sigh escaping her throat.

Toni detaches softly, and runs her tongue over the spot that's sure to bruise.

"Well, you underestimate my ability to please a woman with an impressive measure of stealth and covertnesses," the brunette rebuttals, moving back from her partner's exquisite body to meet Cheryl's heavy gaze.

"Cute," Cheryl rolls her eyes, before gripping one of the lapels of Toni's jacket, squeezing the material tight as she pulls the girl back towards her and connects their lips in a burning kiss. Cheryl's lips are beginning to feel swollen from how frequently they've been sucked and bitten in such a short amount of time, but dear god she doesn't care. Not when it was Toni behind the sucking and biting. Even so, there was one obstacle that her fearful mind could not hurdle through, no matter how desperately she wanted Toni.

Cheryl breaks the kiss, and holds Toni back by her jacket before the other girl has the chance to move in again.

Toni smiles sadly.

"Had enough for the night?"

Cheryl doesn't let go of Toni's jacket but only tightens her grip as she says her next words with an abundance of sincerity.

"They'll kill you, Toni. They'll kill you, and then they'll probably kill me too. It's too dangerous," Cheryl's eyes bore into the other girl's, hoping, begging her to understand. Sometimes Cheryl worries that Toni doesn't quite understand the harrowing repercussions, should Cheryl's parents ever find out their only daughter was partaking in such intimate acts with another woman.

Toni shakes her head, "I won't let them hurt you—" her words are promptly cut off by Cheryl's loud whispers interjecting.

"You won't have a choice, Toni! You don't know what they're capable of."