Kiwis take America

Hi hello, just a little something I've wanted to do for a while now. There isn't enough Taika in the world so here we are.

As I laid on my sofa at home, I flipped through scripts and project briefs which I'd been sent, hoping to find at least one of them interesting and fresh.

My career had recently took off, meaning I was in the privileged position to be able to choose from a wide range of projects. The trouble was I have absolutely no idea what I want to do next.

What I knew I wanted exactly was freshness. Something unpredictable, which could shock both audiences and critics, and keep things entertaining for me on set.

About half way through a done 100 times romance script, my phone rang.

"Hey there my highly flawed sister, hows it hanging all the way over in big shot hollywood? When's jolie coming round for tea? Are you working out with clooney?"

"Jemaine, first of all thank you for always being so kind. Secondly I am bored bored bored bored! Nothing is jumping out at me, I have been in this flat for days and I think I'm going to die very soon." I said to my older brother, throwing the scripts aside.

"Well you're in luck because I am America bound."

"You're coming here? When?" I asked, full of both hope and disbelief.

"Tomorrow, so I'll be in America in a few days, you're not the only Clement with a career you know. I've got films to shoot baby. Me and Taika are both coming, which means you have to be a good sister and let us stay with you."

Ah Taika. Taika and I have known each other for years, with Taika taking on an older brother/ odd uncle role with me. With me only just being 24 and Taika being in his early 40s, we have a family like bond, that is bound together by the off beat clement - waititi humour we all share.

"You're both doing well enough to pay for a hotel aren't you?" I knew full well I was going to let them stay at mine, but you're mad if you think I'd let them know it straight away.

"Uh duh. Have you seen me recently, I'm a very successful kiwi, set to break the world with my astounding films." Jemaine replied.

"Nice and humble as always bro."

We finished our conversation, and said our goodbyes leaving me to go back to trying to read my scripts, with a mind preoccupied on the days to come.