Chapter 24

A/N: The song above is "Scream" by Chris Cornell. Enjoy😘😘😘

Lynn's POV

    "Lynn, are you ready to do this?" Mike's voice brought me out of my daydream. I nodded my head.

 "Yeah. Let's just get this over with." Mike put his arm around me. 

"We will get him back and end this. Now that we have the mafias help this should be a cakewalk. Just stay close to us."  

"Thanks, Mike." I smiled up at him. He removed his arm from around me and started to talk with all the men. 

"Alright guys, this is where we are meeting Joseph. I want men at all entry points. Trevor, you and Dillion are with me. Jacob, I want you on the top of the building here." Everyone nodded. "No one makes a move until I give the signal."

    My mind was racing as we drove to the docks. I was worried that we may be too late and that Jensen was dead already, but would Joseph do that before he got me. I shook my head, no Joseph would want me to see Jensen so I would go with him. I rode with Mike, Trevor, and Dillion to the docks and everyone was silent. I assumed that this was their way of staying calm and preparing for the fight. I had seen it with my brother and father whenever they were going to a fight or to have a meeting, they didn't want to be distracted. Mike turned the headlights off as we approached a group of cars. I took a deep breath as we exited the car. Here we go, I thought.

    We approached the men standing in front of the cars. There were five men and then I saw him. Joseph moved forward and had a huge smile on his face. "Well, well I see that you don't disappoint Mr. Scott. Now hand her over." I stared at Mike then started to walk forward, but he stopped me.

 "Where is Jensen first?" Mike said with an intensity in his voice. Joseph laughed and nodded at one of the men who walked back to one of the cars. When he came back he pushed a man down in front of Joseph. He was badly beaten and almost unrecognizable, but I knew it was Jensen. I let out a sharp gasp and he immediately looked up at me. His eyes were swollen, but I could still see the fear in them the minute he saw me.

   "Now, Lynn start walking to me and Jensen will start walking to you. We will leave and everyone can get back to their lives." He pulled Jensen up and pushed him forward. "Walk pretty boy." I looked at Mike and he nodded. I slowly started to walk towards Joseph as Jensen walked towards Mike. His eyes were on me the whole time. I could see his mind working trying to figure out what to do. As we got closer to each other I noticed his arm moving slightly behind him. When we were right next to each other I stopped and stood in front of him. I had a secret hidden just for him and when he looked at me I knew he understood what I was doing. "Keep walking or I will put a bullet in his head right now," Joseph yelled at us. Jensen flashed me a grin and I knew he was ready. 

"Please I just want one last hug," I said to Joseph.

   Joseph's eyes locked on to mine and his harden expression softened. "Fine. You have two minutes to say your goodbyes." Big mistake, I thought to myself as I reached my arms up and wrapped them around Jensen's neck. He placed his face in my neck and whispered in my ear. 

"I love you, Lynn. I want you to run and don't look back. Do you understand me?" I nodded my head then whispered back to him.

 "You better come back to me, Jensen Daniels. I love you too." I felt him smiling in my neck as he freed his hands and grabbed the gun hidden in my waistline. He pushed me behind him as he turned back to Joseph. 

"I told you that she would never be yours." Jensen hissed out at Joseph. Joseph's eyes grew wide with anger. Everything happened so fast it was a blur. I felt someone grab me from behind as shots rang out. I realized it was Dillion that had grabbed me and knew that the plan was in motion. I turned my head and saw Jensen take chase after Joseph just as Dillion ducked us behind one of the storage containers.