Chapter One.

Kelsey's POV
"Kayden! Come on buddy your going to auntie Dani's tonight!" I shouted as I made my way to Kayden's room.
"I don't want to mommy' he said wandering over to me with his bag all ready.
"I know baby but mommy has an interview tonight remember, so your staying with auntie Dani tonight. I promise I'll come get your straight away tomorrow" I said picking my sweet almost three year old up off the floor.
"Ok mommy but will auntie Dani sing to me like you?" He asked. I sang to Kayden every night since he was a baby. He picked up on this and never went to bed until I sang to him.
"I can sing to you now if you'd like bud" I asked sitting on the couch and placing him on my knee.
"Yeah! Yeah! Sing once upon a December please" he asked snuggling into my side.
"Ok, ok hunni" I sat up and began stroking his hair.

"Dancing bears,
Painted wings,
Things I almost remember,
And a song someone sings,
Once upon a December.
Someone holds me safe and warm,
Horses prance through a silver storm,
Figures dancing gracefully across my memory
Someone holds me safe and warm,
Horses prance through a silver storm,
Figures dancing gracefully across my memory.
Far away,
Long ago,
Glowing dim as an ember,
Things my heart used to know,
Things it yearns to remember
And a song someone sings
Once upon a December" I finished and looked down to see Kayden clapping.
"I love that song mommy" he said as he hugged me. "I love you mommy".
"I love you too buddy...ok let's get going".

We drove up into Dani's apartment complex and knocked on her door.
"Hey Kayden hunni. Come on in I've got ice cream" she said opening the door.
"Yay! Bye mommy" he said hugging me and walking inside.
"He's such an independent little boy" Dani giggled.
"Yeah, sometimes it's scary how fast he's growing up, he's understanding so much now. Yesterday he asked why Tyler has a daddy and he doesn't" not long after I found out I was pregnant my brother Liam and his fiancé found out they were having a baby, they got married and names the baby Tyler.
"What did you tell him?" She asked.
"I just said that there are lots of different families and he just happens to have one with just a mommy and no daddy" I sighed "I wish it was easier but I know that Mitchell is never coming back"
"Look Kels don't worry about Kayden tonight I've got him, just go for your interview and go have fun" she playfully punched my shoulder.
"Thanks Dani, your the best" I said hugging her.
"Bye buddy I'll pick you up tomorrow morning" I waved to Kayden, he waved back.

At my interview I was pleasantly surprised. It was at a, moderately, upper class bar as a bartender and entertainer. I looked around at all the people with their drinks in hand. I had worked as a bartender before so as I went through recognising all the different drinks I saw one that caught my eye. A vodka and coke, which was strange because I saw that this man looked far too upper class to just be a vodka and coke drinker. As I looked up to his face our eyes met. He looked around my age with chocolate brown eyes, to match my own. His hair was, what I could only describe as, fluffy but not to am extensive degree with, what looked to be his natural colour of, a fawn brown. He smiled at me and I smiled back then began looking at my papers trying to forget about him.

As my interviewer, or that who I assumed she was walked over I stood to shake her hand.
"Hi are you Kelsey Grove?" She asked.
"Yes I am, are you the owner?" I asked trying to sound as kind as possible.
"Yes I am, but please call me Naomi. So first things first, welcome to The Hogar Lejos Del Hogar entertainment lounge" she said gesturing around her.
"Sorry this place is called what?" I didn't speak this language.
"Sorry my family is Spanish so I gave this place a Spanish name. It means home away from home" she smiled taking my papers from me.
"Oh, I like it. It's creative and it brings your family culture into your business" I smiled back. She nodded and continued to read.
"So I see you've worked in a bar before yes?" I nodded.
"Yes I left shortly before I had my son but I had one other job after that. There I worked nine to five behind a computer which was not what I wanted to do, but it put food on the table for Kayden" I smiled thinking that Kayden would probably be sleeping right now.
"Kayden? Your son?" She asked. I nodded.
"If your working a day shift you can bring your son to the daycare my sister works at. My daughter goes there and I'd be able to get you a discounted price?" She smiled.
"Really? That would be brilliant! Wait you have children?" She nodded.
"Yes my little girl Evie, I had her almost two years ago. She the whole reason I started this place after her father left me at the hospital with her" she chuckled to herself "what a dick" she whispered under her breath.
"Im sorry Kayden's dad left too".

Our conversation carried on until Naomi offered me the job. I gladly excepted and hugged her. I think it was safe to say I had a new friend. I decided to celebrate and get a quick drink before heading home.

"You look happy" I turned next to me to see the man from before.
"I know you, your the man with the strange drink choice" I said, I would recognise that hair anywhere.
"It's not that strange to drink vodka at a bar" he laughed taking a seat next to me.
"Sorry you just don't seem like the type" I giggled as the bartender came over.
"Hi what can I get you?" She asked.
Before I could answer, the man I was talking too spoke to the bartender.
"She'll have a vodka and orange juice, thanks Anna" she nodded and walked away.
"Why'd you order for me?" I asked.
"Because I wanted to buy you a drink" he smiled. Kind of cheesy but I was intrigued.
"But I don't even know you name" I said as Anna walked back over.
"Here you go Harry" she smiled and walked away.
"So your names Harry" I smiled.
"Yeah that's me, and you are?" He asked handing me my drink.
"Kelsey" I smiled.
"Well nice to meet you Kelsey" he smiled again.

The night went on and on and about 5 vodka and orange juices later I was waking up with a splitting headache.
"Uhh, my head" I said grabbing my head.
I felt something move on the bed next to me and saw Harry! "Ahh!" I screamed which woke him up.
"W-what happened?" He said.
He looked up and saw me.
"Shit...did we?" I pulled up the covers and saw we were both completely naked.
"Yeah we did" I said. As we sat there in silence I suddenly remembered.
"Kayden!" I shouted jumping up out of bed.
"Who's Kayden? Do you have a boyfriend?" Harry asked.
"No he's my almost three year old son!" I shouted getting dressed.
"Wait...your son?! You have a son?" Harry shouted, also getting up and getting dressed.
"Yes I do, I promise him I would go get him! I have to go! I'm sorry!" I ran out of the house and to my car.

I drove as fast as I could to Dani's apartment. I arrived and knock on her door.
"Hey Kelsey, what happened to you this morning? Kayden's been waiting" she said beckoning me inside.
"It's a long story" I said sitting in her couch.
"Well we've got time so...try me" I nodded and told her everything. About Harry, the bar, his house and the situation we woke up in this morning.
"Shit Kels you go out for one night and get laid. I go on loads of dates and get nothing!" She laughed.
"It's not funny Dani I don't to this!" I put my head in my hands.
"Look, don't worry about it now just go home and enjoy your time with Kayden before you start work again" she smiled and hugged me.
"Kayden! Come here buddy!" I shouted.
I heard little feet come running as I saw Kayden come round the corner of the hallway with his bag in hand.
"Mommy!" He shouted as he jumped into my arms.
"I'm sorry I too so long buddy mommy was just busy" I smiled and hugged him back.
"We go home now?" He asked as I picked him up.
"Yes baby say bye bye to auntie Dani" I smiled as Kayden hugged her and said his goodbyes.

As I drive home with Kayden singing along to the music that was playing one question played in my mind. Did we use protection? I didn't remember and that was the scary part. What on earth had I gotten myself in to.