one

{ edited }

Johnny wraps a scarf around Ponyboy's neck gently, smiling at the younger boy. They've been married for a few years and still were very happy and in love.

"Are you ready to go to the orchard," Ponyboy asks happily.

"Of course I am," Johnny says, laughing softly. "I've been looking forward to this all week."

"Let's go then, I can drive," Ponyboy says, smiling.

Johnny nods and walks out the door to the car, getting in the passenger's side. Ponyboy grabs the car keys and follows him, locking the front door to the house.

The two boys still live in Tulsa but happened to move out of the Curtis house. They now own a small, lovely house a few blocks away.

Ponyboy gets in the driver's seat and shuts his door, buckling his seatbelt and starting the car. The older boy grins and buckles his seatbelt as well, looking out the window as Ponyboy started to drive.

Carefully, Ponyboy takes a hand off the wheel and rests it on Johnny's leg comfortingly. The dark haired boy blushes shyly.

"What are you excited for most at the orchard," Ponyboy asks.

"I dunno," Johnny replies. "I'm excited about everything. I love apple picking and the small café there. The pumpkin patch is sweet since we always get pumpkins from there."

"Did you know they added in a small petting zoo," Ponyboy asks, not taking his eyes off of the road.

Johnny's eyes light up and he looks at his husband. He squeals quietly.

"They have a petting zoo now," Johnny asks excitedly. "When did they add that in? What animals do they have so far?"

Ponyboy chuckles at his lover's excited tone. It always makes the younger boy smile knowing Johnny was so happy.

"Well, they opened it last week and they have some baby bunnies hopping around in a pen," Ponyboy says. "They're so cute and small."

"You've seen them?"

"I saw a small add for the petting zoo on the computer at work and I wanted to surprise you," Ponyboy says. "So, surprise, love."

"I love you so much," Johnny squeals, leaning over and pressing a wet kiss against his cheek. "Thank you, thank you!"

"I love you too, doll," Ponyboy says. "And you're welcome. I knew you would like the petting zoo idea."

"Of course I would," Johnny cheers. "The animals are so cute and now I get to pet a baby bunny!"

Ponyboy glances over at his boyfriend who was fidgeting in the seat impatiently. He was too excited to even think of sitting still.

"I think you can hold them too," Ponyboy says. "As long as you're careful and hold them gently. Pretty much, just don't be rough."

"I'm a gentle person," Johnny says. "I'm all about gentle."

"I know," Ponyboy says, chuckling. "You're a soft and gentle boy and it's cute."

Johnny leans his head on Ponyboy's shoulder, smiling and looking out the window still. The younger boy turns slightly kisses the top of his head before turning back to the road.

"Are we almost there," Johnny asks impatiently.

"Almost there," Ponyboy says. "Just a few more minutes and then we'll go see some bunnies."

Johnny smiles and sits quietly until Ponyboy pulls into the orchard and parks. He quickly unbuckles himself and gets out.

This would be one time at the orchard they wouldn't forget.

- - - - -

How was the beginning of this story?

Ponyboy is 22
Johnny is 24

They've been married since they were 20 and 22. I think its cute so far and I'm really happy about this.