Chapter One

Brittany was sitting in her room reading her book when her older sister Heather came into the room.

"Hey! Are we hanging out or what?" Heather asks Brittany as she rounded the corner to her room.

"I just want to finish this chapter." Brittany tells Heather as there is a loud crash coming from their father downstairs.

"Should we go down and help him?" Brittany's little sister Daisy asks them.

"He wants to do it himself, but please come help me set the table." Heather says to the two.

"I hate it when Dad makes Korean food. It always tastes like butt." Daisy says as they walk down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Regardless whatever Dad puts in front of you just say 'Mm just like Mom's' okay?" Heather tells Daisy as they get to the bottom of the stairs.

"I was still eating smushed peas when Mom died." Daisy exaggerates.

"Hey!" Heather's boyfriend Sam says as he walks into the house.

"Hey." Heather says greeting Sam with a kiss.

"I'm not too late am I? I was trying to meditate but ended up falling asleep." Sam says as the girls father walks in the room. "Smells good, Dr. P."

"Hey, Sam." responds Dr. Pierce with a smile and a fist bump.

"Brittany." Sam turns to greet her with a smile.

The family walked into the dining room and sat down for dinner as Dr. Pierce struggled with cutting the meat.
"Hey, Sam, come hang on to this while I saw, would ya?" Dr. Pierce asked

"Electric knife's in the kitchen, it'll have that ready in two seconds. Looks great, Daddy. I'll be back." Heather says as she gets up from her seat and heads to the kitchen.

"I can't believe we're not going to see her until Thanksgiving." Brittany says upset by the fact that her older sister is leaving.

"Christmas actually, Scotland's too far to come back for Thanksgiving." Dr. Pierce told Brittany

"Wait, are you kidding?" Brittany cried out.

"Look on the bright side, Heather won't be taking the car every day, you can practice your driving." Dr. Pierce says trying to brighten the mood.

"I forgot I had to drive with Brittany now." Daisy whines.

"Feel free to take the bus." Brittany mumbles.

"I can give you a ride. I'm not disappearing, I'm next door." Sam suggests trying to stop the sisters from bickering.

"Or I can drive, and if we get pulled over, we'll switch places real quick." Daisy jokes with a bit of hope that it could happen.

" Top-notch idea, honey." Dr. Pierce says humoring his youngest daughter.

"What'd I miss?" Heather asks walking into the room with the electric carver.

"We were talking about what a bad driver Brittany is." Daisy says trying to get a reaction from her sister. 

"Yeah, we were, but we were also talking about airplanes, which speaking of... I have a surprise for you." Sam says standing up and handing an envelope to Heather.