Chapter 3

"Brittany! Hey, Brittany, you in there?" A man yells into the bathroom

"No." Brittany responds before Kurt opens her stall door.

Brittany POV

"Hi, Kurt." Brittany says cheerfully.

"Hey, Brittany." He responds awkwardly.

"That ascot looks really cool on you." Brittany says trying to start a conversation.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks. It's actually a cravat. I really like your braid crown." Kurt complimented back.

"Oh, cool. Cool. My sister did it for me." Brittany says.

"I... It's dope." Kurt says.

"Do you maybe wanna dance?" Brittany asks hopefully.

"Oh, my God. I never thought you'd ask!" Kurt replies gleefully.

-

"Look, I didn't mean to barge in on you. I saw you run in here and I wanted to make sure you're OK, and, uh..." Kurt handed her a letter before continuing his statement. "thought you might want that back. It seemed a little personal."

Brittany sighs wishing she could run from this situation. "Kurt, I wrote this years ago."

"Freshman homecoming, right? I had a lot of fun that night, too. But I feel like I should tell you, though, you know I'm gay, right?" Kurt asks, trying to clear up the situation.

"I did not." Brittany thought before lying with her response. "Yes. Of course, yes. I... I did. I did."

"But don't like tell anyone, though. I'm out and I'm not ashamed. You know, my mom knows. My dad kinda knows. It's just..." Kurt dragged out his sentence trying to find the right words.

"High school." Brittany finishes for him.

"High school. Yeah." Kurt says with a smile.

-

Brittany arrives home from school to her father in the kitchen cooking.

"Hey, sweetheart." Dr. Pierce says trying to converse with his daughter before continuing when she ignores him with a panicked look. "All good?"

"Have you seen a green box? It has fabric on top, it's round, there's a bow on it." Brittany asks him in a rush trying to figure out how her letters got out.

"Wow. No 'hi, Dad,' no 'why are you home early?' Maybe because your patient delivered in under six hours, you brought a new life into the world, and you're home to..." Dr. Pierce rants on before Brittany interrupts him with the best answer she could think of.

"I really need to know. Mom gave it to me. It's very important."

"I don't know. Maybe it went out with the Goodwill boxes." Dr. Pierce suggests "Hey, you got some mail."

"This is all your fault! I hate everyone!" Brittany yells before running up the stairs.

"What's her problem?" Dr. Pierce asks Daisy hoping she'll know.

"Moon day?" Daisy suggests.

"Moon day? Menstruation is science, nothing to do with the moon." He explains to his daughter with a snicker.

"Says you, doctor man! But the Goddess within says
it's a sacred rhythm that represents the deepest celebration of womanhood." Daisy says to her father.

-

"The letters are out. They're out. There's nothing you can do about it. Silver lining, Matt's letter was addressed to camp, so at least he'll never find out how hard you were crushing after Chubby Bunny." Brittany says to herself out loud as she paces back and forth in her bedroom.