Can't Love A Werewolf, Without Getting Fleas [5]

Blake went after me, and easily knocked over the pins. In fact they all did.

I ended up missing one of them, and getting a gutterball.

Annie laughed at me, and Blake gave me a "it's ok" sympathy glance.

But like he promised, Blake bought me nachos.

Everyone else continued on with another game, except for Blake and I.

"Thanks. These are just the way I like them."

"How so?" He laughed, watching me dunk my chips into the cheesy goodness.

"Nice 'n Salty!"

He laughed. "You're just like you were when we were younger."

I swallowed my food hard.

"You guys act like we ruled the world when we were younger. We were just seven."

I said, grabbing the giant coke ice I bought myself and slurping it down rather loudly.

Couldn't live without those things.

"Yeah... just seven." He said, looking off in the distance at nothing in particular.

"What do you remember about us?"

Blake said; his eyes turned stormy and glassy.

"Not much. I remember glimpses of your faces. You both having those bright blue eyes, and trademark blond hair." I admitted.

"Do you remember the day you left?"

I blinked, all I remember was getting in the car. I was seven- for sure. My mom and dad were driving me... somewhere, I didn't know. But it hadn't felt like we were moving away. It just felt like they were taking me a short distance- to the park maybe, and had planned on coming right back.

I couldn't remember where they took me though... should I be worried?

"I just remember getting in the car and listening to the radio. I don't remember arriving in New York, and I don't remember packing up my stuff."

I inhaled deeply. "Should I be worried I don't remember anything?" I looked up into Blake's eyes.

They were warm and melted. They looked sad, tormented, and.... Guilty? Maybe?

I rubbed my elbow. Feeling suddenly alone. Suddenly cold, like I didn't belong with Blake, Brooke, and everyone else.

"No. I'm sure it's perfectly fine. I don't remember a lot of stuff from my childhood. I just know I couldn't forget you. At all."

He leaned in closer, so both elbows were resting on the sticky marble table.

His blonde hair looked disheveled. I felt a little self-conscious around him.

Why does he look at me like that?

Unexpectedly, a memory flashed through my mind.

Blake's blue eyes in front of me were replaced with deep chocolate brown ones. They swam with feeling. The pupils contracted. Light brown hair hung directly above them. Tan skin laid around them. The same intense emotion swam in his eyes.

It looked like happiness, like love, like adoration.

Those brown eyes.... I've seen them before in my dreams. They looked safe, secure. They looked like home.

A quick change in picture revealed long black hair, straight and messy. But those brown eyes... you couldn't mistake them.

"Lees?" My attention went back to Blake, who looked concerned for me.