Chapter Twenty-Six

Maggie's rapturous cries harmonized with the song of the ocean waves as Tag brought her to the peak of ecstasy yet again. Her hands clenched the rock-hard mounds of his ass, holding him deep within her as she crested the summit and then rolled slow like molasses down the other side. Tag followed a split-second later, melting right along with her until they both lay spent and panting in the cool night air.

"Oh, my God," Tag breathed, collapsing between her thighs with his head resting heavily on her chest. "You're amazing."

Maggie giggled, her hand running lazily through his hair as she reveled in the warmth of his breath against her skin.

"You said that already," she reminded him. "Several times."

"Did I?" he asked, and then dragged his body up to lie beside her, pulling her in close and planting a kiss on her nose. "Well, it bears repeating, then; because you are. Amazing, that is."

Maggie smiled. "You're not so bad yourself."

"Oh, now there's a ringing endorsement," Tag said with a laugh.

"It is, most assuredly," she promised, feeling his slick wetness against her skin as she slipped her leg between his thighs and snuggled close against his chest. "What can I say? You've rendered me speechless."

"Well, when you put it that way..."

Maggie smiled and closed her eyes as the brisk night air cooled the mist from her skin. A shiver ran up her spine, prompting Tag to pull the far edge of the blanket in to cover them both. Lying in his arms with a smile on her lips, Maggie synched her breathing to the ebb and flow of the ocean waves, truly at peace for the first time in ages... or maybe ever. She had just about drifted off to sleep when Tag spoke up.

"So where do we go from here?"

"Nowhere," Maggie murmured sleepily. "I want to stay right here forever."

Tag chuckled. "That's fine by me, but you might change your mind come January," he kidded. "But what I meant was... where does this go from here? You and I, I mean."

Maggie opened her eyes but didn't move to look at him.

"Where do you want it to go?" she asked warily.

"All the way," he confessed without a moment's hesitation. "But I... I don't want to cause trouble for you, either."

"Trouble?" Maggie echoed, pulling back just far enough to see his face. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know," Tag hedged, although she could tell he knew precisely what he'd meant. "It's just that... well, your parents, for one."

"My parents?"

"Your parents," he repeated. "From what you've said, I get the impression that they're not exactly... flexible."

"Flexible?" Maggie said, wondering what he was getting at.

"Right," he continued, twisting a lock of her hair around his finger. "I mean, you were so worried about telling them that you'd lost your job and broken up with what's-his-name; what are they going to say about... this?"

Maggie felt a smile spread slowly across her lips. "Well, I doubt that I'll be discussing what we did here tonight with my parents, Tag."

"That's not what I meant."

Maggie sighed and propped herself up on one elbow.

"You're losing me," she admitted. "I have no idea what you're getting at."