Chapter 1

Cody p.o.v...

'Ever since I was young I've been mesmerised by all the happy, laughing kids at school. How they smile and play with other children... then there's me. The outsider, the one no one wants to know or be around. And at home its even worse. The beating, the yelling, the smashed glass. Everything just feels numb, all the time and nothing I do can change that. So I've accepted that this is my life. Alone...
"Quinn!" I looked up at the screaming teacher I don't remember the name of. "What?" I replied. 'I know exactly what's wrong but who cares' "Stop spacing out in class, if you can't be bothered to listen then get out!" He screamed. I stood up and got my white and black checkered bag and began to walk out. "Where are you going!" 'Again with the shouting' "home" I said casually and walked out before anything else could be said. On my way home I have to walk through a park usually full of druggies and homeless people looking for a fix. But today it seems quiet. As I entered I saw a girl sitting on a bench. She had long purple hair and was wearing an andy black t-shirt and a black long hoodie. 'Wow she's really pretty' I thought. Well I don't really want to go home so I guess sitting down won't be that terrible. I walked up slowly and sat down...

Girl p.o.v...

I looked up when someone sat down. It was a boy, he had flippy black emo hair, bright blue eyes and he was wearing a grey hoodie and a black veil brides t-shirt and he had a checkered bag. He was really attractive in my opinion. I stared for a few seconds and continued reading my book.

Random p.o.v...

Cody turned to the girl. "Umm...hi" he said awkwardly. The girl looked up at him and stared for a few seconds "hey" she replied looking at his features. "What are you reading?" He asked feeling kinda nervous for the first time In years...

Cody p.o.v...

'I feel weird' I thought 'maybe I'm nervous' "what are you reading?" I asked looking down at her book. "Oh this? It's about a kid who gets abused and runs away from home to a forest full of fairy tale creatures" she smiled. I chuckled lightly "I wish that was true" I had a sad smile on my face. "Yeah me too" she replied sadly. She had beautiful emerald green eyes. "I'm Cody Quinn" I said quickly trying to hide my awkwardness, I heard her laugh slightly " I'm Beau Martin" she replied happily. A sudden realisation appeared on her features. It made me kinda scared 'shit' I thought. "Your Jack Quinn's younger brother" 'thank god' I thought relieved. "Yeah I am, you know him?" I smiled at her. My brother moved out two years ago when he was eighteen.  "He lives three doors down from me" she said grinning. I laughed "I'm so sorry for you" she laughed to 'I think I like this girl' suddenly my phone rang. It was my dad 'oh crap' I answered the phone "dad..." I got cut off by screaming in the phone "Where are you! I just got a call from school you piece of shit! You have five minutes to get here or there'll be hell to pay!" I sighed "okay dad" I said calmly hanging up. I turned towards Beau. "I gotta go" I said picking up my bag. I stood up and she grabbed my sleeve "here" she passed me the book she was reading. In big writing on the front was 'FIREFLY FOREST' "you'll enjoy it" she smiled and I smiled back "thanks" I said slipping the book in my bag "see you tomorrow?" I asked she nodded. I walked home after that dreading it every step. 'He's gonna kill me' I thought. I unlocked  the door and tried sneaking upstairs before I felt someone grab the back of my hair and drag me backwards. "Where do you think your going you little fuck" my dad said menacingly... I sat in my room ten minutes later hugging my knees crying with a black eye "Motherfucker!" I screamed.