Chapter 2

Cody p.o.v...

I woke up quite early. My eye hurts really bad, I ran my finger across it 'fuck' I winced from pain and thought about what to do for six weeks. It was the holidays again and last year I spent it hiding in my room.

Memory
I locked my room door and threw the covers over my head pretending they could protect me. A few seconds later there was banging on the door "Let me in you little shit!"  My dad yelled through the door, banging against it trying to get in. After awhile I heard him leave and the front door slam.

I'd never been so terrified before. Just that look in his eyes, I could have sworn he'd kill me. My mom left years ago when I was eight and my dad always blamed me and my brother for her running off with another man. She left us behind with him. An abusive father who hated us with a passion. 'Slut' is all that came to mind when I pictured my mom. 'Heartless bitch'. I sighed and looked at the time 7:30 shone on the clock. Guess I'll get up. I brushed my hair and straightened it and walked over to my closet. 'Which shirt' I scanned threw them and decided on my paramore t-shirt and my black hoodie. I slipped on my ripped jeans and converse and quietly opened my door. I tiptoed downstairs and made a run for the door. When I was out I released the breath I'd been holding and walked down the road to the CD shop. I entered and heard the bell chime when the door opened and closed. Inside were two men with long beards and bandannas on their heads. They both had tattoo covered arms and necks, they were stood in the metal section and their stares made me uncomfortable. The taller one nodded at me and I averted my gaze to the CD's in front of me. As I was scanning threw them someone put their hands on my shoulders and shouted Boo! In my ear. I screamed loudly and turned around to see Beau. "Oh hi Beau" I said happily and smiled at her. She laughed, pointing a finger at me "Y-your face" she said between giggles. I glared at her and playfully shoved her "stop it" I said whispering. She instantly stopped and stroked my black eye with her fingernails. I winced and she looked upset "who hit you?" She whispered. I looked away "I fell" I lied. She put her hand on my cheek and made me look into her emerald eyes drowning in them. "You're lying" she said snapping me out of my daydream. "I don't want to talk about it" I replied angrily she stared at me sympathetically "I'm sorry" she said and she hugged me. I hugged back leaving the conversation there. She suddenly perked up and jumped towards a CD "I love this band" she shouted happily. Beau was holding up a slipknot album, it was All hope is gone. I grabbed it nodding and stormed up to the counter Beau following behind me "hey what are you doing?" She said looking over my shoulder "buying you the album" I replied calmly. Her eyes went wide "you don't have to you know" she said quickly.  I shook her off my arm and paid for it "well I want to" I said passing her the album. "Thanks" she said quietly. We walked down to the park and sat on the bench again when she suddenly spoke up again "it was your dad" I tensed up at that "yeah...so" I said sadly. She grabbed my shoulders and shook me "you have to stand up for yourself!" She shouted. I stood up and shrugged her off "You don't know what your talking about!" I shouted back. She grumbled and began walking off, "where are you going!?" I shouted to her. She put up her middle finger "to hang out with guys instead of a pussy!" She was gone after that and I was stood in the park doing nothing 'bitch'.