A Calm Night (Loki x reader)

I smiled up at Loki as I laid my head in his lap. It was silent besides the sound of the fire crackling in the fire place. Loki was above me, reading a book of Asgardian poetry. He glanced down at me and grinned. "How are you feeling tonight, my dear?" He asked softly. I sighed. "Tired. Training was a mess. I can almost still hear Thor yelling in my ear." I complained. Loki chuckled and looked back at his book. "Training will be hard for you since you are a midguardian. It's just so you're safety isn't always a worrisome." He stated, continuing to read. I nodded in understanding. I watched him for a few more seconds and stood up. "Did you have to go through training like I do?" I asked, walking to the dresser on the other side of the room. I pulled out some comfy clothes so I could change out of the heavy, cold armor I was required to wear. "Yes. The only difference was I was extremely young while doing it. It was hard, but it's worth it." Loki replied. I stalked back over to the bed, where Loki sat. "I'm going to take a shower." I stated. Loki grinned softly. "Okay, my dear." I began walking toward the bathroom connected to the room, but stopped in my tracks when Loki appeared behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, adding, "if you want, I could join you princess"