Chapter 8

"Why did you ASK me to kill you?"

I was at a loss for words, I had no idea how to respond to that. Do I deny that I said any such thing? Do I tell him it was just because it hurt? Or do I tell him the real reason I want to die?

I looked down at the bed, "I don't remember saying that.."

I saw his hand coming towards my face and flinched, expecting the usual treatment I got from men, but all I felt was warm fingers on my chin as they raised my face to look at his.

"I told you not to lie to me. Tell me the truth, and please calm down, I told I wasn't going to hurt you, I keep my word." He said with the most serious look on his face.

"Sorry." I said looking into those gorgeous eyes again. "I-I just don't have anything to live for.. everything I've ever loved has been taken from me.."

"I'm truly sorry that your life has been that way Braven, do you mind if I ask what happened?"

I thought about it for a while, I was silent for a few minutes and he just kept his eyes on mine, watching me, waiting for me to answer.

"My whole family is gone.. dead. I've had to live on the streets before. I haven't had any real friends in years. Life has dealt me a shitty hand and it seems like it never ends. I just wanted someone to finally end my miserable existence.. I've never been brave enough to do it myself." I said, tears starting to fall from my eyes involuntarily.

"You are more than brave. Taking the easy way out is not brave. Choosing to live is the bravest thing you could ever do." He said with a sad smile, squeezing my hand.

"Thank you," I whispered, squeezing his hand back.. and then suddenly he had pulled me against his chest, wrapping his muscular arms around my back.

He was hugging me? I was letting him hug me? I was confused but it felt so good, so right, to be in his arm so I didn't say anything and just leaned against his hard chest closing my eyes and savoring this moment.

After what seemed like forever I felt his muscles tense up and he quickly released me from his arms, standing up. "Umm so are you hungry? You must be hungry, what would you like?"

It was almost like he was nervous but he still seemed cool at the same time.

"Yea sure, it doesn't matter, whatever is fine. But I do have one more question."

He smiled, "and what would that be?"

"What does tesoro mean?"

He smirked and looked at me sideways. "In english it means something like darling but it in italian it is treasure.."

"Okay.." I said as he started leaving the room.

"I'll be right back with something for you to eat."

I nodded.

He called me treasure. I'm so confused. He tries to kill me, then saves my life, tells me I'm staying with him until I'm better, and now he hugged me.

Confused or not, it felt so wonderful to have his arms around me, I wanted to feel that again. But I know what happens to people close to me..

***

What was I doing? I hugged her? But I couldn't help it, I just can't stand seeing her in pain. She seemed to have had such an unlucky life, it wasn't fair. I didn't know her very well, yet, but I could tell she didn't deserve all the hurt she had to experience.