первый | 1

Chapter One

Marth 28th, 2019

New York, USA

Soft sunny rays danced their way through the short windows of her tiny, but comfortable apartment on famous Manhattan of New York street. Surely, it didn't look like people thought it is. As someone as rich as her, media would write insticly about her having a beautiful mansions alike castels for the queen they declared her to become after all hard work which made her into the person she is now - an ice queen of business world.

She herself one time deeply through about that nickname which this mere world gave her to. She wasn't the one - she wasn't the ice queen. But thinking from another person's perspective, she played in front of others in that way. She was afraid of emotions while favoring the rule she mastered her whole life - not trust anyone. She slowly became, from one sweet girl with piggy tails on her soft chocolate brown hair to the woman dressed like a daydream for lurking eyes of man, a true epitome of statue. Like those Roman replaces of Greek's statues, carved till the perfection and have everyone admired them...

...but dead from the inside.

The emotions no longer have the same effect as it was in the past. She doesn't have a family which she can't run to everytime she gets scared, everytime she wants to hide from the emptiness...no, they are long gone. She is alone, but...

...she lives. Perhaps, not so happy life how she wished for herself to be, but hopefully she is still breathing, like right now.

Her exhales and inhales become slowly rapid as the dream land drifted into a memory. Famous Ice Queen was slowly fluttering her large eyes as she welcomed the new day to come to her swollen eyes. She rubbed it gently, but when you look carefully you could see the tardiness and grief in those light brown eyes, however amber color painted them in on the light. They gaze into the ceiling bored.

One more day to come. She through tiredly yawning.

Getting up from the now messy bed, the burgundy silk gracefully fell from her tan skinned legs which were already almost till the knees hiding beneath a huge black man t-shirt. Even if the front had the letters of one rock band which she didn't listened to in a long time and wasn't fan of it in her teens, it was the only thing left from her older brother.

The ONLY thing.

One more day to come and one more day to live - that though is always repeating in her head, everyday she wakes up. Sorrowing over past year where happiness stayed behind the locked doors of her heart made her into the person she is in front of everyone. Deep down, she was wishing for someone, but this queen will never admit it.

After one more warm shower, she got out of bathroom fresh and clean from her pain. Her ice shined brightly as she got into a pair of regular black ankle boots with a high heels, yet thick ones. She straighten her back as she done with it and turned to look herself in a mirror.

Her tan skin was covered into beautiful, yet pretty large white-light blue strapped shirt which was slightly curled on her elbows and knee length indigo blue pencil skirt. With few buttons not connected, her divine carved cleavage was softly exposed, yet decent enough for workplace. She wasn't one of those girls that were fully into the makeup. Contrary, she didn't wear almost anything. Only a bit of black mascara, the faded brown crayon on the corners of her brown eyes and of course, a mate lip gloss. Sometimes, you can even see a black eyeliner and red lipstick which was only for special occasions.

Taking her leather bag on shoulder and her phone from the desk, she went out her apartment which she calls home past ten years. Going straight to an golden elevator and stepping in it, she relaxed after pressing the button to garage. Leaning into golden mirrored walls of lift, she observed well-known surroundings. Everything screamed money and even she had it a lot, it didn't give a good taste. She just work the job she once loved to do.