O.N.E

I was nine years old. 

I had barely even lived before my life changed.

The day that plane crashed on Skull Island was the day I knew I would have to use my common sense and brain to survive. 

Within hours, I knew of the God on this island. A huge primate by the name of Kong. He was still growing and kept these lizard like creatures below the ground where they supposedly belonged. I wasn't a fan of Kong as I believed he made these lizard creatures mad and aggressive so I set my mind on drawing out the Alpha and training it. They had been given the name Skull Crawlers by a Lieutenant from World War 2 named Marlow. He was a crack pot if you ask me. 

A few weeks after crashing, my mother was killed by some of the carnivorous birds that inhabited the island so that was the end of her. Good riddance if you ask me. As wicked and cruel as it sounds, she always made me act like an aristocrat, sit up straight. Wash a hundred times a day, pronounce all my words with a correct accent. To fuck with all that shit. I was my own person stuck on a rock and worried about survival, not how I presented myself for fucks sake. 

Once I knew exactly how I would draw out and tame the alpha skull crawler, I took my ideas to my father who at first forbade me to even leave his sight. But I continuously snuck out of the hut and escaped to the outside world, observing the crawlers from a safe distance. They truly were magnificent. Deadly but magnificent. 

Eventually my dad caved in and allowed me out, wishing me goodbye. He was dying from starvation. Yes he was eating correctly but my dad's immune system was fucked up so he had to have tablets every day. Well he'd run out and begun to perish as his body rejected the way the foreign food was prepared and cooked. And so my journey alone began....

- - - - - - - - - -

I headed West first, much against Marlow's recommendations so I could give my only window of taming the skull crawler alpha. I say my only window because if it didn't want to cooperate, I'd be history and end up with my skull being regurgitated at Kong's parents graveyard. 

When I reached the vent, I threw a gas can down there and waited. Moments passed before the nose of the alpha appeared. I could tell she was a female and she was curious about me. I watched as she hauled her skeletal body out of the vent and stood in front of me. I made eye contact with her before bowing down to the queen, showing her my loyalty but also expecting my death. Nothing happened. I opened my eyes to see the crawler bowing back and looking at me with submissive eyes. 

Slowly, I stepped forwards and placed a gentle hand on her face, showing her I was a kind person whom she could trust and depend on. I knew that Kong knew of my friendship with the crawlers which made me an enemy of him automatically. So I moved in with the lizards. 

After a few weeks and several near death encounters with the littler ones, I had all 8 skull crawlers under my command and protection. They were tamed to perfection and each named crawler came to my call. I had positioned them across the island under ground so if I was in trouble somewhere, I could call the closest crawler and they'd come and aid me and take me back down to the alpha who always stayed in the middle of the island. 

And that's how I learned to survive.

After a few years, I had befriended all the animal species except Kong. He very rarely showed up where I was because I was now the top dog and he knew it. Should he ever attack me, he knows that with one command, every crawler on this island would bring him down just to protect their saviour and friend. 

And here I am at the beautiful age of 18 and with many more years ahead of me with my two legged lizard family and the whole island to myself (with the exception f Marlow and the Ewees). And I don't plan to leave any time soon.