T.H.R.E.E

CHELSEA'S POV:

Once all had fallen silent, I tried to move but cried out in pain from the gaping wound in my side. There was no way I'd make it to the nearest vent without assistance. So I did the only thing I could do and hoped that Midol or Scar would find me.

I was in luck.

Midol had smelt the blood and obviously heard my cry of pain, rushing over and nuzzling me affectionately. There were voices close by and that worried me. The murderers were coming to kill us. We'd have to take cover immediately. But I wouldn't be able to run.

"Midol help me up baby. Come on. . . There's a good fella." I praised as Midol let me grip the fur of his leg and get to my feet. He went slow as I limped next to him and we headed towards the rocks to get up on high ground to observe the terrain and locate the intruders.

We reached Lookout Point 16 as I had labelled it and saw Kong drag an octopus through the water back towards his lair. He looked round but Midol was quick and we avoided us being seen by the ape. My side was beginning to sting severely and I needed urgently to clean it.

"Ok Midol. We need to get to the waters edge okay. So I can clean my wound and get back to safety with you." I panted. But my vision began to get hazy and as much as I tried to fight passing out, I couldn't and collapsed against Midol's leg...

- - - - - - - - - -

JAMES' POV:

We'd been walking for hours and usually I don't complain but even I was starting to grow increasingly tired and worn down.

"This is Slivko, do you read? Anybody out there? We are headed north of the ex fil location Everyone here seems way too calm right now. You copy? Anybody?" The poor boy tried to gain contact.

"We're out of range, Slivko." I broke the news to him.

"Shit." He muttered and slammed the phone down, putting it back into his backpack.

"Save it for when we get closer to the group...." I stopped suddenly. Something moved. It was a buffalo type animal but with antlers on each side of its head. Such a graceful animal but also shaggy as seaweed clung to its antlers. It was also incredibly big.

"Nobody move. . . Easy" I cooed gently.

"Slivko." I said, grabbing the boys attention and creeping towards him.

"What?" He responded, his finger on the trigger.

"Put it down." I said calmly and pushed the weapon down. The beast walked off with no care towards us and disappeared into the woods to find some more of its own kind presumably.

A little while had passed before we came to a clearing with some yellow drawings on the rocks. I stayed at the back of the group and should have been more aware of what was going on because the next thing I knew, I felt an arm across my chest and the blade of a knife pressed to the artery against my throat. I struggled but this person had a grip of iron. When the rest of the group saw (which was seconds later) all guns were aimed. Until more people surrounded us.

"Anybody so much as coughs.... He dies." The female voice warned, pressing the blade tighter against my throat.

"Just give the order sir." Slivko said, not standing down.

"Shut up will you Slivko. Let's all just listen to her okay and come to an understanding." I said calmly. She jerked me tighter to her chest and I felt a drop of blood trickle down my neck as she pressed harder.

"Drop your weapons, hands where we can see them and tell us who the fuck you are." She snarled. The group dropped the guns they held and raised their hands.

"I am Captain James Conrad, professional tracker and ex SAS. That one there is Mason Weaver, progressing photographer. Private Slivko with the US Navy. Houston Brooks, Geologist, Reles geographic navigator and San, Biologist." I answered, struggling to get my breathing under control.

"No. No need for that. Come on now! Everybody keep your wigs on now!" Some crazy looking guy expressed, coming out and keeping things how they were.

"What?" Houston asked.

"I did not believe it when they said you would come. I was up all night... Just thinking about how me and Gunpei dreamt to this moment. And now Here it is!" He said again before turning to me ad looking at the person who was holding me. "Hey, ey, ey now!! Play nicely lizard girl." He said, pulling the blade away from my neck and letting me return to the group. I looked at the girl who's blade had a bit of my blood on it and if she hadn't of tried to kill me, she'd be pretty damn attractive. She had black hair that faded to red near the ends. Golden eyes, pale skin, slim build, around 5'6 or 5'7 in height.

"Hey...go jump off a cliff. The picture of me will last longer." She snarled and stalked off, barging past me forcefully and knocking into my shoulder. I watched as she disappeared into the woods and then turned back to the matter at hand.

"Twenty-eight years, 11 months... 8 failed attempts to get back to the world and instead, the world comes to me! Ain't that a fact?" He beamed, turning to the painted natives. "They Never smile." He chortled.

"Did you Crash here?" Mason asked.

"Sorry miss. Lieutenant. Hank Marlow of the 45th. . .You are more beautiful... Than A hot dog and a beer... At Wrigley Field on opening day. But you are real...Right? I told you. Did not I tell you? I Said... 'It's fine'. There you go." He said, clearly borderline of going mad.

"There's something out there, man." Houston panted.

"There is a lot out there. Now, Come on. We gotta get home. You don't want to be out here at night. You probably noticed a lot of weird things on this Island. As long as we stay in here, where the people live, we'll be alright." He nattered on as we approached a wall-like structure with wooden spears jutting out, some of which having blood on them.

"That wall... Is that supposed to keep out that thing?" Mason asked.

"No, he's not the one we're trying to keep out." Hank replied.

"What?" San asked confusedly.

"These people live up in the top of the trees, while we are down in the roots. Some of them don't even seem to age. No crime... No personal property. They're past all that." He explained before stopping at two elders. They nodded before Hank turned back to us.

"Thank you. Thank you. So Good news. They say you can shack up here." He said and showed us around.