Chapter 2

Fionna's POV:

Why would Marshall say that to me. He knows how I feel about him toying with my emotions! And I thought Gumball was the jerk... These thoughts were running wildly through my head. I knew he was lying. I knew he was just trying to mess with me. He always was saying stuff about me being in love with him, so he had to be lying about this. But, I had to admit that a small part of me thought he was telling the truth. No! No, he couldn't have been telling the truth. Could he? 

I slowly climbed down the side of the Treehouse. I felt hot tears streaming down my face. My chest convulsing through sobs. 

"Fionna, you're going to fall!" I heard Marshall Lee shout from the above. I ignored him and pressed on. "Fionna, be mad if you want, but please let me get you down safely."

I continued to ignore him and attempted to climb down. The tears were making my vision blurry, and I couldn't see where I was placing my feet, but I was determined to prove I could get down on my own. So, I went on. I wasn't even half-way down. My foot slipped. 

"Fionna!" Marshall shouted. I was falling and I was crying and I was screaming. Marshall Lee quickly shapeshifted into a large bat-like figure. He swooped down. I didn't think he'd make it in time, but he did. He caught me in his arms. We landed safely on the ground. I felt him shift back into his normal self. He was cradling me. 

I sobbed loudly. "That was so scary."

"Shh, I've got you," He whispered. 

"No!" I pushed him away and stood up. "No, you have to go. Now. This is all you fault, so just go."

He stared at me, pain clouding his gaze. "Alright."

I then realized that we were being watched. All of the guests were at the doors and windows watching us. "Everyone go home. The party is over!"

I pushed through the crowd that was at the front door, crying even harder than before. I didn't even take the time to go up to my bedroom. I just waited for everyone to leave, then I curled up on the couch. I don't even remember falling asleep. Just crying and telling Cake not to bother me. I felt horrible. I didn't want to talk to anyone. But, at some point during my pain, I fell asleep. 

_____________________________________________________

I awoke with a headache. A pounding headache. I opened my eyes and saw Cake. She must have been waiting for me to wake up.

"I already know what happened," She said as soon as she noticed I was awake. I stared at her in disbelief.

"How?" I asked.

"You told me in your sleep," She answered.

"Oh..." I trailed off. "Has he made any contact with us?"

"Nope," Cake replied. "No sign of Marshall Lee since last night."

"Good..." I muttered. I didn't want to talk to him. I didn't want to see him. I just wanted to be alone.

"C'mon, Honey, lets eat," I looked over at the dining table and saw that Cake had made breakfast. I stood up and stumbled over to the table and sat down. I honestly wasn't that hungry, so I don't know why I even ate anything. I forced the food down to make Cake think I was okay. But, really, I was far from okay.

"Do you want some juice or anything?" Cake asked me. I just shook my head. "You sure?" 

This time I nodded. "I think I am going to go to the Candy Kingdom. Maybe hanging out with Gumball will take my mind off of this stuff." 

"Alrighty, honey, but be careful," Cake said. I nodded again and walk away. 

When I got to the Candy Castle, Gumball was talking to Peppermint Maid. He noticed me as soon as I walked in. "Hello, Fionna!"