Shindo x Reader

Shaky Ties

The world felt like a cruel place to live at times. Especially after the week from hell you had been going through. Not only were your parents fighting, yet again, over the future but someone had thought it was a good idea to turn your alarms off, thus making you almost late for school and causing your third major problem.

In your rush to make it to class in time, you were running down the hallway when you collided with none other than Yo Shindo, one of the most popular guys in school. (h/c) strands of hair fell into your face as you sent the dark haired second year a quick apology before dashing towards your classroom.

Once seated at your desk, you took a deep breath and sighed heavily. Too much was happening all at once and you hadn't had time to do any research on a slight problem you were having. Apparently, the world wanted to torture you even more with the red string that had magically appeared on your right little finger.

You had tried to untie it, cut it and even took a flame to it and nothing seemed to get it off. When you first noticed it, you had aimlessly tried to follow the string but ended up getting lost in a nearby park. Upon asking your younger siblings about it, they gave you a few strange looks before asking what red string.

Needless to say, all you were hoping for was a break from the chaos and, unfortunately, your prayers were answered with more chaos. The only thoughts running through your head during class were of going to the library at lunch to do a little research on this mystery string.

The lunch bell sounded releasing eager students into the halls. As you were making your way through the doorway, whispers filled the still air.

"Look, it's Ms. Joke's class!"

"They're all super strong! Especially Shindo."

"Did you hear that some girl ran into him then bolted? She has some nerve doing that to him."

All color left your face as an unsettling feeling filled your stomach. Daring a quick glance, you saw Ms. Jokes entire class, only eight people, chatting away with one another as they made their way through the crowded hallway. Just as you were turning to leave, your (e/c) eyes locked with the mysterious brown ones of Shindo. A sly smirk tugged at the corners of his mouth as he watched you scramble in the opposite direction, weaving in and out of the many people filling the hallway.

When you eventually made it to the library, you found a computer in the far corner away from everyone and began your search. After a few minutes, you found a legend about the string that said the string connects two people who are destined, by fate and the gods, to eventually meet one day. Simply put, the red string connects a person to their soulmate.

That was the absolute last thing you had wanted to hear. It wasn't that you were against finding your soulmate, but that you had never had an interest in anyone before and didn't want to end up like your parents when you did find someone. Your hands covered your face as the whole world around you began to fade away.

The pressure of a muscular chest against your back brought you back to reality. Someone's chin was resting atop your head while they read over the contents of the web-page on the monitor. A deep chuckle shook your whole body as you recognized the owner.

"The Red String of Fate, huh? And here I thought there was something else bothering you."

Being near Shindo made you nervous, especially after earlier that morning, so you tried to bolt but his free arm wrapped around your waist and held you in place like a seat-belt. Not daring to look at him, you barely managed to whisper.

"What...What do want, senpai? I'm kind of busy and not in a good mood right now."

The glare from the monitor acted like a mirror allowing you to see yourself wrapped up in Shindo's arms. The girls who gushed over him everyday would have a fit if they saw the two of you. Heat began rising up the back of your neck and scattered across your cheeks. The dark haired teen gently placed a kiss on the top of your head.

"Why don't you tell your senpai all about your troubles?"

"What makes you think that I'd want to do that?"

His smirk grew as Shindo gently lifted his left hand in front of you. Wrapped around his little finger was a red string just like yours. Your (e/c) eyes followed the bright red string as it curled and twisted in the air until you noticed the end of it wrapped around your little finger.

Shindo's lips brushed against your ear, "That's why, (l/n)." 

A.N~ So, this took so long because I had no idea where this was going to go so I wrote it like four different times; each was slightly different until I liked where this one was going. I still haven't been doing too well so that mixed with lack of inspiration is why this took awhile. I'm very sorry but I do hope that you enjoy and I'll try to finish the other request soon. Thank you all for the support on this one-shot book as well!