Aaron Shaw

Letty slowly began to tell him everything, the day they met, the day they married, everything about them. She was remembering it all.

I felt my heart, slowly begin beating once more at seeing my brother wake up. With a hand over my mouth, I held back the whimpers. I am going to kill him later on. Looking around, I glanced at the fallen building. I know he was up there with Deck, I know they were fighting. So why wasn't Deck coming out? Why can't I see him? Glancing at my brother, I slowly began to make my way through the debris of the building. Looking everywhere and at everything. He could be gone forever that much I knew. Suddenly a hand on my shoulder stopped me. Hobbs pulled me back from the tip of the mess and held me close.

"He's gone isn't he?" I whispered, my face was buried in his chest.

Hobbs took in a deep breath. "I'm sorry Eli."

Trying as hard as I could, my tears fell. I was glad, more than glad my brother and family were alive. Glad this was over, but I was broken he was gone. Broken that the man I truly loved, was gone forever. Hobbs held me, as we all walked away. He made sure I never looked back. I missed the look he and Dom shared the one that was going to send my world upside down later in life.

After we all gathered at Johnny's house. We all took a seat and breathed in. We were alive and together. Mia arrived back a few hours later with her son. This was the first time I was meeting him. He was a bit shy, but the sweetest boy ever. Dom brought Akin over as well. I missed that boy. And judging by his attachment to me all night, he did as well. Only able to get away after he fell asleep in my arms and Dom took him to bed.

I took that moment and watched my family. Letty was back to being herself, she remembered everything and everyone. Brian and Mia were talking and laughing with Tej and Roman, about the plane incident. Ramsey was currently on the phone with who knows who, but she seemed to already be a part of the family. I, on the other hand, didn't seem to fit anymore. I have been gone too long and too far from them these past years. I will always have a spot here, but at the moment I didn't deserve it, therefore I needed to start from scratch once more. I needed to start a whole new life, away from them. Let them continue as they did when I was gone. Of course, I will always be there if they need, help. They are my family after all.

4 MONTHS LATER:

I was currently waiting at the clinic for my name to be called up. For the past four months, I have been feeling sick. Morning sickness, weird cravings, and mood changes. You and I know what that adds up to. Either I have a weird case of some weird flu. Or I am about to have a child. A child fathered by Deckard Shaw. It broke my heart knowing that, this baby will never know his or her father. She will never see just how gentle and loving he was capable of. But I will tell it. I will always make sure my son or daughter knew just how great daddy was.

"Ms. Toretto?" A young male doctor, he had pretty green eyes and military-cut hair. "Please follow me." Taking in a deep breath, I followed him into one of the rooms. Laying on the bed, I lifted my shirt. jumping slightly at the coldness from the gel. "Sorry, should have warned you." Rolling my eyes, I focused on the black and white screen. Seeing nothing, my illusions and plans came crumbling down. Then I heard it. I don't understand how the sound of a heartbeat can cause so much joy. "And there it is." Staring at the screen, I felt the tears slip. There was my baby. Our baby. "Strong heartbeat. You are just a little over five months." He pulled back and turned to me. "Would you like to know the gender?"

I thought for a moment. I could wait and be surprised by what I was having. But I also wanted to get all the things my baby was going to need. "Yes, please."

Pulling out the photo, he circled something. "It's a baby boy."

Wrapping my arms around my stomach, I knew I was grinning like a maniac. "Thank you doc." I all but ran out of the clinic. I had a shit load of things to do. After a month of the situation, I received a letter in the mail. It was informed of the changes Deck had done to his properties. He had placed all of his properties and bank accounts under my name. Even with him being gone he was still looking out for me.

After I went on a shopping spree, I waiting by my door as the baby furniture arrived. I decided to do my baby's room a car theme. Muscles and race cars models were all scattered on shelves around the room. I got him his, crib, changing table, rocking chair, fluffy carpet, clothes, and toys. I also went to three different stores, grabbing everything my baby will possibly need. Once the movers had set up the big items, I fixed everything up. Clothes, books, toys, and small baby items. Once I was done I grinned. Running my hand over my belly, I couldn't stop the grin from slipping on my lips. "I will try and give you the best life I can. And I promise to try my hardest in giving you the love of both a mother and father. But know this little one, your father would have loved you very much." Walking into the living room, I grabbed the only picture I had of Deck. It was a week before all hell was let loose. We had gone to the park, and I had convinced him in letting me take a picture of us. He had me wrapped in his arms, his face in my neck. I had rolled my eyes at him hiding, but still, it was a keeper. Placing it by the crib, I sat in the rocking chair. Now all I had to do was wait for my baby to arrive. Just 4 more months, that will give me plenty of time to think about all of this and my future.

DUE DATE:

When the labor began the pain was much more intense than anything I had ever imagined. Nothing could be more brutal, not whips or chains. The room consisted of a bed and four walls, the nurses melting into the background as if they weren't even there. Is there anything more isolating than intense pain? Doesn't pain lock us in as effectively as any prison? The pain of labor was a prison for my mind. In that jail cell of fear and confusion, time passed without me being able to keep track.

My stomach tightens, causing my entire body to go rigid. With each contraction came a pain that dominated my entire being. In those moments, for those seconds that stretched into infinity, there was nothing else. I could hear screaming from other rooms, yet I didn't let myself make any noise. When the pain passed it was only for a minute or so and I breathed with closed eyes, unwilling to re-engaged with life outside of my own body.

The room might as well have been empty for all the awareness I had, and when they did talk, touch, gain my attention, I found it so hard. To reply I had to find myself from the deepest recess of my own mind and drag myself forward, to use my voice and open my eyes.

The doctor was telling me that it was time, time to push. With a guttural grunt I did so and was told to stop, one was enough. I felt my baby boy crowning, the hot stretching of flesh and I held my breath. Without any further effort, the baby slid into the hands of the doctor.

When my child was born, it was as if only sunshine existed in the world, as if all the earth was ushered into harmony. Falling back into the bed, trying to regain control over my breathing and heartbeat, one of the nurses handed me, my son. Holding him gently in my arms, I grinned. I looked into those new eyes, new consciousness, perfect and reaching out for my love. In that instant, I knew I would do anything to protect my child, that my love was as vast as the universe yet solid as a rock. I was his mother and would always be.

"What will you name him?" One of the nurses asked.

I ran my hand gently over his head. He already had a full set of hair, soft and short. "Aaron, I will name him Aaron Shaw."