A New Mission

Keith sat at the table with the others, hesitantly eating a spoon full of oddly fluorescent green goo.
His body was ridden with exhaustion and he just wanted to lull off into sleep.

The battle they had fought today sure did a number on him. Red had gotten rag dolled by the damn beast they were fighting. Needless to say, everything felt bruised and battered.
The others chattered mindlessly around him, it was peaceful and pretty tame. That is, until Keith heard the soft swoosh of the mechanical doors opening.

"Paladins! Sorry to interrupt your conversation but I have some news!" She said in a slightly too sweet voice.
Sometimes was up. Keith's shoulders tensed slightly.
Lance swirled around to face the white haired woman. "Is this you saying yes to that date I offered?" He said flirtatiously with a sly smirk spread across his face.

"Not a chance." She said in a deadpan voice, not even sparing an cold glance.

Keith stifled a laugh.
Lance swished back around.
"Hey don't laugh!" Lance whined.

"Its kind of hard not to when you fail so bad and so often." Keith said back, setting his spoon down and folding his arms over his chest.
Amusement stoned in his violet eyes.

"Oh!! I bet on all of my Brittney Spears album that you can't do better." Lance said in his usual overdramatize voice.

"Well if you're that desperate to find out, why not I just teach you, actually never mind." Keith said.

"Aw why mullet? You scared" Lance teased
"No, It would be a waste of time, you need at least few brain cell to learn something." Keith said with a bored tone, though his eyes showed hidden laughter.

"OOF" yells Pidge from the other side of the table.

Shiro ignored the literal children and calmly turns to Allura. "So what's the news?" He asks.

"We have a new mission!"

Lance sighed dramatically. "But we just got back from one!" He whined

Allura perked up "Ah yes but this one is different."
She paused for dramatic effect. "It's a party!"

"Will there be new alien food?" Hunk yelled excitedly, half way leaping from this chair, the metal scraping across the floor.
Pidge harshly cringed at the noise.

"I'll get to that in a moment, but you should know that we aren't going for purely for fun." She said

"Then what's the reason? We gotta kick some alien ass?". Keith asks nonchalantly
" Language!" Says Shiro in his lecturing voice.

"Well we are going undercov-"

"WE ARE GOING TO BE SPYS?!" Interrupted Lance as he shot up from the table.

Allura looked confused.
" What are 'spys'?" She asked

"Not important right now, Lance can explain later." Shiro said, slightly impatient to find out what they were doing.

Allura continued.

"Three of you will be going undercover to see if the rumors are true. That an unidentified group is kidnapping women and selling them off for..unsavory things." She says with disgust.
The room gets tense from the know told news.
After a few seconds of silence hunk spoke up.
"U-um you said three of us were going.. who would that be exactly?" He asked nervously

"Well we needed two males and a female." She answered

"Any particular reason why?" Keith asked dryly.

Allura looked off to the side, face slightly contoured with guilt.
" We need a female to go as, well, bait? If there are kiddnappers then they won't pass up the opportunity to have a high class lady in there..possession."
She states, carefully picking her way around her words.

Just as they were about to complain about ethics she cut them off.

"But it will be fine! You all are paladins of Voltron, I believe in your strength.. though this species is quite strong so I will be sending three males, but because they are expecting a lady.. one of you may have to dress in the lady's cloth."

"But WHY??" Lance shouted, dumbfounded by the absurdity of it all.

"And WHY does there have to be a "girl" with us if it's just going to be a dude??" Lance asked confused, flailing his arms.

"Well there is a simple answer, we are going undercover as a Princess and her protectors, a Princess and her men were expected to be there without knowing what it actually was, and since they are our allies, they contacted us and gave us the invitation so we could bust them!"
She said, determination shining through her.

"Who is going?" Hunk hesitantly brought up his question again. Not really wanting to know the answer.

Everyone in the room looked off put by the thought of this mission.

Eyes darker then before and shoulders tenses Lance huffed and sat down into the white chairs, his half eaten food goo jiggling slightly.

"Oh yes! I thought it would be best to send Shiro."
She pointed to him, he nodded.

"Lance."
He grumbled 'I swear if I have to get all dolled up..' and shined with annoyance.

"And Keith."

'What?'

His eyes widened with surprise and anxiety eased through his body.

"Are you sure about that princess, I'm not too good with social interaction." He's face stoned with uninterested but his lean shoulders tensed and his porcelain skin got even paler.

"Oh I'm sure you'll do fine, plus your the best hand to hand fighter we got!" She reassured

Keith sighed trying to release this nervous energy. Talking to people is terrifying.
Shiro singled with his robotic hand for her attention. "Princess, who is going to go undercover as the lady?" He asked.

"I think I came to a good conclusion...Keith, since you are the shortest and have a more feminine body type."

Lance and Pidge burst into a fit of laughter, the taunting sound bouncing off the smooth white walls.
Keith's face flushed with embarrassment, dusting his face a cherry red.

Lance whipped a tear from his eye as his laughs subsided.
"Aw is Keith going to dress up like a pretty pretty princess?" Lance taunt, practically oozing smugness.

"Shut up." Keith growled, his cheeks flushing with more color.

"Why are you blushing so hard Mullet, you embarrassed~?" He said, deeply enjoying this rare opportunity of a flustered Keith.

"Adorable.." Lance thought before realizing what he thought in his head.
"What no not adorable, Keith is a DUDE." He scolded himself internally.

"Lance." Shiro said in a warning tone.

Allura shoved her thick white hair from her face and behind her tans and pointed ear.

"Well we will be leaving in a day, Hunk and Pidge, you will be watching the cameras and making sure everything runs smoothly from above. Thank you for your patience, I'll leave you to eat your dinner." She smiled and quickly walked out, not liking dropping the 'not too happy' news.

The room was no longer chattering.

"I have to dress as a lady to be bait for sex trafficking..". His face twisted into a mild grimace.

Keith was no longer hungry.

----------------------------------------
Y'all interested in this plot so far, is highly appreciate it if you could let me know in the comments!
I don't want to be writing something that nobody wants 😰
I like it and I hope you do too~!💫

Thank you for reading
Love ya ❣️