Chapter 4

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while! A lot of things have been going on like me somehow finding out I'm good at baking. And also I may or may not have forgotten about this book... Oops.
_____________________________________________

  We soon get to Heather's and my brother jumps out of the car and runs towards the house. Well it's not really a house it's more of a mansion. Heather's dad is a judge or something like that. Her brother is a mechanic. He's a pretty nice guy but he can be a little crazy sometimes.

  Josh gets to the door and rings the doorbell. A few seconds later Dagur opens the door. "Dagur!" Josh yells excitedly as he jumps towards him. Dagur catches him quickly and laughs. His laugh is weird. It almost makes him sound like some Disney villain or something like that.

  Two dogs rush past them and one of them jumps on me. I fall and land on my back. The dog licks my face and I laugh a little bit and sit up. A light grey English Sheepdog stares back at me. I laugh and scratch her behind the ears. "How ya doing Razor?" She just licks my face again in response. "Shattermaster!" I look to see a pure black Doberman running across the huge lawn with something in his mouth. I quickly realize that something is an uncooked chicken. Shattermaster stops next to me and drops the chicken. He rolls onto his back and wags the nub we call a tail.

  "SHATTERMASTER!!!" I look up to see a very angry woman stomping out towards us. I step back as the cook grabs the kitchen and turns to Dagur. "Get that dog under control or your next meal will be dog meat soup!" She says before walking back into the house. She says she hates the dogs but I've caught her giving them bacon on numerous occasions.

  I stand up and dust myself off. Josh runs inside and quickly comes back out with a few dog toys and a football. Dagur chases after him and I smile at them before walking inside. Heather comes down the spiral staircase and I smile at her. She runs to me and hugs me before stepping back with her hands on my shoulders. She shakes her head. "We definitely need to get you more food. And clothes. Want to go upstairs while the boys try to play football?" She rolls her eyes as Dagur trips while trying to catch the ball.

  "They'd probably be a lot better at playing if the dogs weren't trying to eat the ball." I laugh as Shattermaster backs up a step as Dagur playfully glares at him. "YOU made me trip!" He says pointing to Shattermaster. He gets up and runs after Shattermaster in a playful manner. I roll my eyes and look to Heather.

  "Wanna go upstairs while they, erm..." She starts laughing and I turn to see Dagur get tackled by Shattermaster. I too start laughing. After a few minutes I turn to her. "Yeah, let's go upstairs." We go upstairs and we sit on her bed.

  "So... Hiccup the nerd. I started following him on Instagram. He hasn't posted much." She says leaning back against the wall. I shrug. "Maybe he's a private person." She shrugs too.

  "He did post a photo of him and his Dad." She shows me a picture and I laugh a little bit. "I wasn't expecting that! He's so small compared to his Dad." But he's sort of cute. Did I really just think that? No way. He's totally not cute!

  "I know. He looks almost like a baby compared to his Dad." I nod then shrug a bit.

  "He's annoying. But I think he's just a bit nervous. New school and all." She nods and then her eyes light up a bit and she walks to her closet. She comes back and hands me, a present?

  "Open it!" I laugh a bit and open it. My mouth falls open and my eyes widen as they settle on the gift. It's a dress, it's beautiful. But it looks so expensive! It's not a regular dress, Heather knows I'm more of a tomboy so it's a bit different, more my style. I put the box down and lunge at her. We hug each other and I smile as I squeeze her, too happy to say anything.

_______________________________________________

Eek!!! I haven't posted in a few months! I'm so so sorry! I swear on my cat's pelt I'll start updating more! I really have no excuse. I just kept forgetting. I'll set an alarm from now on!

                                 -Sincerely,
                                     Your apologetic author.