home

You sat on the couch, patiently waiting for Colby to call you. He'd promised to call you as soon as he got on the plane. It was thirty minutes past the time that the flight would've left when you hear the phone ring. You pick it up as quickly as you can, eager to hear his voice.
"Hi Colby. How's the flight so far?" You ask nonchalantly.
"Hi babe, that's exactly what I called to talk about. The flight got cancelled, so now I have to wait another day or two before I can come home. I'm staying at a hotel for the night, so I'll be fine."
You slowly take the phone away from your face as you feel hot tears burning at your eyes. No, no, no! You thought, biting your lip to keep from crying.
"Y/N? Hello? Are you still there?" His voice only makes you want to cry more. It had been two weeks since you'd last seen him. It had been a long and painful wait. You had a hard time sleeping without him there, and you always felt sad that he wasn't with you. That one day was going to feel like a thousand years.
"Y-Yeah. I'm still here." Your voice cracked a little. You didn't want Colby to know that you were crying. Then he would be sad.
"Baby, don't be sad. I'll be back soon. I love you." You shakily told him that you love him and hung up the phone. Your knees felt weak and tears began to fall. You missed him so much that it hurt. And now you had to wait longer.
The past two weeks had been hell for you. You didn't want to have fun, you didn't want to go anywhere. You didn't even laugh at Corey's jokes when he tried to cheer you up. There were many sleepless nights and a lot of crying. He only went on a two-week trip, but you missed him like it had been three years.
The rest of the day passed slowly and you couldn't even fake a smile. Sam offered to take you and Kat out so you could get your mind off of being sad, but you declined and told them to go have fun anyways. Corey asked if you wanted to go out to lunch with him and Devyn, but you also said that you didn't want to. Seeing them all together would make you too sad.
Later that night, you curled up in the bed you shared with Colby. The bed still faintly smelled like him, which brought more sadness on your part. You moved into the spot where he usually slept and tried to pretend that he was there. You cried the whole time until you fell into a restless sleep.
Sam woke you up gently in the morning.
Still half asleep, you whispered "Where is Colby?" Sam didn't know what to tell you at first.
"I know you miss him, but he'll be back before you know it. Don't worry." You give a little smile.
"Before he left, he gave me something. He told me to give it to you but only if you were really really missing him. Come on, I'll show you." You followed Sam down into the living room wearing just your shorts and one of Colby's hoodies. He opened the front door and led you out onto the front yard.
There wasn't anything out there. It was dark, around 5 am, and quite silent. You looked around but still didn't see anything. A faint breeze rustled the leaves in the trees and you shivered suddenly.
"What is it? I don't see anyt-" Your eyes widen as you see a tall figure come out from behind one of the cars in the driveway. Even though you were barely awake, you knew exactly who it was. Colby.
You run up to him and jump into his arms without hesitation. You're crying all over again as you snuggle into his shoulder. He holds you tight and spins you around in the driveway. You catch a glimpse of Sam smiling as Colby spins you.
"C-Colby..." you stutter his name through your tears "you're back!" You hear him laugh sweetly.
"That's right baby. Sam called and told me about how sad you've been, so I checked out of the hotel early and booked a different flight that didn't have any delays and got home as fast as I could."
He carries you into the house and into the bedroom. He tells Sam goodnight on the way by and smiles at him.
Once in the bedroom, he softly lays you down on the comforter and kisses you. You pull away for just a second.
He flips you over so that you're laying on top of him and you hug him. You breathe deeply and take in the scent of his cologne as your tears start to fade. He kisses the top of your head and tightly holds you close to his chest.
"I love you Colby."
"Love you too, baby."

—ayyyyy first one. Its short but I think it's cute asf, idk about you guys but I really like it.—