Chapter 3

Courtney and Duncan peered around the corner of the hallway, and to their luck, Scott was standing right there. He was leaned against the door to his dorm room, arguing with someone over the phone. He was using dramatic hand gestures that made Duncan confused. But he brushed it off.

"So he cheated on you?" Duncan asked, raising a brow. Looking Scott over, Duncan did not believe that he could have won a girl like Courtney over. She just seemed too preppy for him and his stained white t-shirts.

"Yep..." Courtney sighed. "I don't know who he cheated on me with though."

"Well whoever it was, that's unacceptable." Duncan responded, narrowing his eyes. Even he had his standards. "So what is your wish?"

Courtney was silent for a moment, watching Scott angrily kick at the carpet as he remained on the line with someone. Then she came up with her official plan. "I wish that Scott would feel the same pain that I felt when he broke up with me. I need his other girl to break up with him so he knows what it's like."

Duncan nodded and snapped his finger, a puff of smoke coming from it as his magic actually worked. Courtney watched that with an eager expression before looking back to Scott, who still hadn't noticed them around the corner watching him.

But then Scott paused, his eyes widening. Courtney and Duncan stopped breathing as Scott shouted into the phone, "What?!" And then burst out crying. His phone dropped to the floor as Scott proceeded to lean against the wall, shielding his face in his elbow.

Courtney watched with a pleased expression as Duncan smirked. He looked down at her, glad that she was happy. No matter what he did for people, he was secretly glad to make them pleased. But that was another thing that he would never, ever admit. Because at the same time he hated everything he did, since he was just used over and over. However for some reason, Courtney felt different.

As Scott continued bawling, Courtney's smirk just grew wider and wider. She was so intent on watching Scott writhe in pain that she didn't notice Duncan doing the same from behind her. Duncan was baring his teeth, trying not to show any indication of agony.

Suddenly, the door to Scott's dorm flew wide open and a bag was tossed into the hallway. Courtney widened her eyes and her smirk faded. He had been sharing a dorm with the girl he used to cheat on her with? But as far as she knew, Scott was sharing the dorm with a guy named Lightning...

Courtney's jaw hit the floor as did Duncan's as he returned to watch. "What is going on?" he asked innocently.

"Shh I have no idea! Haven't you been watching!" Courtney whispered back in a fierce tone.

Moments later Lightning stormed out of the room and picked up his bag. For a moment he had been facing Courtney and Duncan and she nearly made a run for it, but somehow he hadn't noticed them stalking.

Scott straightened up from the wall and faced Lightning, sniffling and wiping his eyes. Lightning shouted, "We are over, Scott!"

"Where would you go?" Scott asked, his voice cracking.

"Anywhere but here!"

Scott took a step forwards to Lightning and he inched away, backing away towards where Courtney and Duncan were watching. "But I love you!" Scott screamed, probably alerting the entire dorm hall.

"Oh my God I've seen enough." Courtney alerted Duncan, ducking away from the corner. Duncan followed her as she walked fast pace back to her dorm room.

"What's wrong?" Duncan interrogated to her. Causing her to stop in the middle of the hallway and face him

"Don't you see what's wrong?" Courtney cried. There were tears threatening to spill down her cheeks from her gorgeous onyx eyes "I didn't know Scott was gay!"