Chapter 37

A beam of light streamed down from the staircase at the end of hall. As the light intensified, I heard the footsteps of the devil. This was the third time that I have gotten to hear that sound, the sound of a monster arrival. I was luckier the first time. And the second well I'm still breathing. But the third won't be a charm. Probably will be the last.

Even through the pain I caught sight of him. He stepped closer dragging one of his legs along; He came to a clear picture. As soon as he came into the visible light a breath of relief left consoling my entire body. "Thank god" I muttered almost to myself, seemed like calling 911 had not gone waste after all. The glistening police badge of Wilmington P.D was there hanging on his belt. The police have found me.

Since they already found me, it was a matter of time that I could escape this gruesome nightmare and run back into his open arms and feel the most secured warmest embrace of all. I will be saved.

I still couldn't see his face clearly because of the acute torch light he held at me and definitely I hadn't heard him utter a single word. Why isn't he informing the team that I'm here? He leaned on to my side and unlocked the handcuffs from a key that came forth of his front pocket. Then my puzzled mind put back the pieces together.

"You were a cop?" I hissed under my breath. Though my wrists were released it didn't make much of a difference.

"I am a cop" he was leaning so closed to me that I could feel the smell of vodka in his breath. He put on the lights. They were so dim. There was no menace in his face or stance. I watched him dragging himself closer to me and sat on the wooden stool at the foot of me. "You might be wondering what had happened to my leg right?" He asked casually biting his nails.

"You and your goddamn leg should rot in hell for all I care" I snapped though my voice barely made it out with the trembles.

"I knew you were one stubborn ass the moment I laid eyes on you" He blew a low whistle and in the next second he was clutching my chin giving me blisters "Look what you've done here?" he lifted the hem of his pants and show me a cut with gushing blood. I might have cut him deep.

"Keep your hands off me" I spitted out.

He barked a laugh "Oh forgive me those bruises were not my intentions" no of course not.

"So you're not finished yet?" those words blew acid in to my mind even though I managed them to come out for him to answer.

"I haven't even started yet. Blame your weight I had to drag you down the stairs and you quite didn't fit in to the trunk of my car so I had to make you fit there too." He went on viciously laughing in the middle "and it wasn't easy getting you out of it either. Thanks to your knight in shining armor I had to make it quick so I dragged you across a pretty rough ground to here....so yes I'm not even started yet."

My breath hitched. Jay! He's coming? How did he know? Slightest hope rose deep inside me. No matter how much I wanted him to stay out of this; he is going to come for me. He'll be here in no time. Whatever this monster had it in his mind I knew from the pit of my mind that he will get me out of this. He wouldn't give up on me that I knew for sure like I trusted my own damned heartbeats.

They say when you are loved deeply it gives you strength and if you love someone deeply it gives you courage. I'm not going to sit here till he enjoys my misery. I'm going to fight because I've got both; Strength and Courage.

"Trust me. You better save yourself now. He won't stop until he kills you." I muttered sharply managing to smile with my bruised lips.

"Now you talk" he stood up and turned around rubbing his bald head. Next thing I felt was his bare fist crushing my jaw which threw me over some wooden boxes.