Part 2

The fairy realm was more than back to usual; it was better. With Selena being so content with having her book and quartz returned, she felt more empowered to do what she needed for her realm and the other fairies. Her daughter finally had the one she loved, and Relic appeared to be taking his new union with Luna quite well. Time moved a little slower for them than on Earth, so everything that had happened with Talon and Meridian on the night of the prom was still very fresh in Relic's mind.

"Relic, what is wrong?" Luna asked as she rolled over as they lay in bed. She was lying nude beneath the sheets and still had a look of satisfaction in her eyes. Her short, black messy hair told the story of what had just transpired before she engaged in any real conversation with her new husband, Relic.

"Nothing. I am fine." Relic kept his back turned forcing his answer.

"Relic, you know that I know better than that. I know all this with Meridian and Caius is on your mind. It is on everyone's mind. I know you care for her a lot, and I know that what my mother has done has not been fair to you, the other guides, and Talon."

"Yes, I do still care about Meridian. I just wished I could have reasoned with her before Warrick made it to Earth and cursed her. Now she is down there, and there is no telling what will happen to her. I feel like I need to get back and try to make things right. That psychic that we went to could hear us. I know it scared her, but I think I should head there. Warrick has banned me from coming back to Etheria, and he has banned all of us involved from ever returning to Earth to look after our humans. I know Charity will try to find a way to get Warrick out of power, but that will take too long, and I know that Arianna must be eaten alive with anguish. She has lost Caius and now her daughter. I have to go back." Relic sat up, got out of the bed, and walked over to get his clothes on. As he did so, he was admired by his new wife. Relic was a tall and thin guide with long dark hair that hung just past his shoulders. Always dressed fashion forward for where he came from, he certainly stood out in Etheria.

Luna was at odds not only with herself but also with her new husband. "I don't want you to go without me. We can go, and I can get Orion to go with us and help. We can find Talon. Maybe he knows where she is?" Relic had feelings for Meridian, and even though Luna cared for her, it was hard to let her husband go back to find her with all that temptation. Luna was still coping with the fact that it was a forced marriage and that Relic might not be reliable to remain faithful to his vows. Luna wrapped herself in the bedsheets and walked over to Relic who was indulging in a drink he loosely called 'fairy delight'.

As he gulped down the glass full of bright pink liquid that smelled of rose and a hint of lavender packed full of fairy potion, he tried to dismiss his wife's direct request. "So, did the fairies amplify the effects? I feel the need to take your sheet off and go back to bed." Relic winked at his bride as he gulped down the last of his drink. Luna stood quietly staring at Relic, giving the look that assured him she wasn't playing any games. Relic stopped and indulged her unspoken demand. "No, I am going alone. I don't need the fairies right now. Your mother let the guides down as it is. We went through hell, literally; to get her the book she just couldn't exist without, and she promised to turn the fallen back, and look what she has done. Not to mention forced vows. I won't stay here forever, Luna. I am sorry." Relic's words struck into Luna's heart, but she would not stop trying to hold onto something that she had always wanted.