the luck i have

once you live through a traumatic experience, like being stuck it a broken taxi that is trying to suffocate you, (that's just an example). but with my luck, i won't be able to live for another week. so, i did what everyone would do. (well, not everyone, but what insane people would do). i was able to bring myself to look under the bed, and take the doll, and put it in a cage. then i brought it a junkyard, and left it there. when i came back home, i checked under the bed to make sure it wasn't there. nope. i was relieved. i turned on the news. the tv went static, and then switched. the screen showed a man in a suit, in a junkyard. and then, the doll. it was biting the cage, sitting up. i took a second to process what i was seeing. the screen zoomed out and revealed the man in the beige suit again.

"if this is anyone's doll, the police would like you to take it back immediately. after all, this is not the first time the junkyard has had a doll. there was a bomb..." i got up and walked as far away from the screen as i could until it was out of earshot. i looked out the window where i first spotted the doll. i have to get that doll. i thought, worrying. i took a deep breath in, and smelled smoke. i knew what that meant. the creak in the floor was louder than ever when i ran to the kitchen. the knives were still there, looked like they were in tact. i grabbed one, and swished at the air. i heard a quiet creak, coming towards the kitchen. i stared at the door, with the knife in my hand, frozen. i heard another creak, closer this time, and then a hand, that was pitch black, like a burnt cigarette, grabbed onto the opening so i could see it. i clutched the knife. as he came closer, i held onto the knife even harder. once he was in arm's reach, i slashed the knife at him, but when i pulled back, the knife looked like it was melting. curious, i took my finger and touched it. i pulled back in surprise. i looked back at my finger, and the heat that i had felt before. i opened the freezer to let out a wave of cold air. i heard a screech, so i whipped around. the creature was far away from me. I grabbed an ice cube, and launched it the creature. the cartoon looking smile had vanished. it screeched and climbed out of the room, like it was badly injured. i chased after it, but it was gone. i ran back to the freezer, and grabbed ice cubes out of it, and littered the house with them. as they slowly melted, i forced myself to the junkyard. the sun was setting, and i was worried. with the small water bottle of ice water in my hand, i searched for the cage. as soon as my eyes settled on it, i took out my water. the doll sat up, not moving. i splashed a bit of water on it, but it didn't flinch. so i grabbed the cage, and got on the dirty bus. i headed home, with no thought of death in my head.