Finale; You and Me, Forever

FINALE

"Yours is the light by which my spirit's born-you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars."

At the age of 5, Jeongguk falls for the first time

He falls into a puddle of mud right outside his preschool during their break time. Back then, the kids would point at him and laugh with nasty grins on their faces.

Nobody helped him up. He went home alone with bruises on his knee and tears staining his puffy cheeks and the mocking voices of the other kids taunting him in his head.

When he is 8, Jeongguk falls.

This time, he's falling onto the cold hard tiles on the ground after a bully just decided to turn him into his victim of the year. It was bad enough that Jeongguk never knew his father, and the kids at his new school constantly teased him about it as well as to call his mother all sorts of mean names.

His mother just tells him that it's alright and that he shouldn't let it bother him. He cries himself alone to sleep that night.

When he is 15, Jeongguk falls ill.

What is supposed to be a simple coughing fit turns out to be something more. His whole world comes crumbling down at the sound of five words he has never expected to hear in his life. Your heart is failing you.

Once again, he cries all alone in his tiny bed in the middle of the slums, not knowing whether or not he'll be able to wake up the next day.

When he is 20, Jeongguk falls down to his knees.

He falls down on a stage in the middle of a performance in a mini concert at his university in Seoul. He'd been told to sing a song that night. Everyone had praised his voice, told him that he could even be a singer if he wanted to. For a moment, it even became his dream. To sing, to entertain, to perform.

Halfway through his song, he starts feeling dizzy. After a couple seconds, he's coughing up blood and seeing the room spin round and round him. His mother had to come all the way from Busan to Seoul just to get him to the hospital for his treatment.

Ever since then, he's never had the freedom of going out of the hospital. Until he met her.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

11 AM. August 15th, 2018. Seoul National University Hospital.

Patient Jeon Jeongguk. 20 years old.

"Are you ready, Jeongguk?"

It's the day of the heart transplant and Jeongguk should be nervous, but he's not. He's confident that he will make it out of the surgery room alive. So, he smiles at his doctor and says, "Of course, I am."