Mystery Food x Reader

One morning you woke up and everything was normal. Except while you were eating, a mysterious box was left on your doorstep. You didn't pay attention too much because you thought that it could be something from one of your friends.

You went to work just a few minutes late because you accidentally sat contemplating what was in the box for around ten minutes. After work, your coworkers asked you to come with them to get what they said was a few drinks, but ended up being as many as each person could hold. You decided you'd be good with some shit wine that they served. When you got home it was at least twelve in the morning, maybe even later than that, and there was something that smelled absolutely horrible. You were only slightly tipsy, but that didn't mean that you weren't stumbling around just like you woke up after a long nap.

In your ever so drunken state, you thought the bathroom might be the culprit of the nasty smell. However, when investigating the bathroom the smell seemed to not be anywhere near there.

The next rooms you checked were all of the closets because you obviously keep food in there and maybe some of it has finally gotten bad. Turns out that you don't have any rotten food in the closets.
Surprising.

You checked the bathroom, but the smell wasn't coming from their either. Last place you haven't checked yet is the kitchen. When you went in there, the smell was overwhelming in there. You checked the fridge, freezer, oven, microwave, and toaster, but the smell wasn't coming from any of those places.

Slowly, you made your way to the kitchen table where you put the box. It was the only thing you could think of that could smell. Maybe it was some sort of good that you were supposed to put in the fridge? You opened the box, and you gasped. It looked to be human flesh. Weirdly, though, it looked almost appetizing. Almost. You shoved the lid back on the box and went to take it to the outside dumpsters.

As you were going to sleep that night, you thought about what would've happened if you ate the human flesh. At the end you shook you head because that would be cannibalism. And cannibalism is illegal.

You dreamt of cupcakes filled with blood that night.