Chapter 70

Everything was as perfect as it could be. Kyle and I were sitting at a picnic table in the middle of the field, watching our friends spar in the main field not too far away from us. He had his arms around me as we enjoyed each other's presence. I had my head rested on his chest and both of our eyes were trained on Carson, Mia, Dylan and Ivy. Hardly any sparring was getting done. Constant flirting was happing in between Carson and Mia, and the same for Dylan and Ivy.

"I'm glad to see the boys happy," I told Kyle softly. "Everything is settling in place for every one of us."

I felt the warmth of his lips on my temple. "Yeah, they are. I am already excited for what the future holds for all of us," he said. "I don't see Carson and Mia breaking up any time soon. They hardly ever disagree on anything. As for Dylan and Ivy, I can already see the admiration in their eyes when they look at each other and they've only known each other for a few days."

I watched Ivy taunt Dylan, pointing her silver sword toward him playfully. "It could be just a crush," I suggested.

He shook his head. "Dylan hasn't ever given the time of day to a girl," he reminded me. "I don't see him letting her go anytime soon." I nodded, agreeing. For another moment, we continued to watch our friends, sitting in a comfortable silence between us. "Thank you, Riley."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at him in confusion. "For what?"

"For being here. With me." He finally looked down at me, his eyes softening as soon as they meet mine.

I smiled. "I'll always be here. With you."

I didn't expect his reply. "I love you, Riley." He shook his head. "We have been through so much...it's amazing that both of us have made it out alive. After everything we have struggled through, I realize how grateful I am now. How lucky I am to still have you with me."

I smiled and placed my head back on his chest. "I love you too."

I saw everything going well in the future ahead of us. I didn't see anything shooting at us we couldn't handle. I was sure there would be more struggles—we were still young after all—but I knew it was nothing we couldn't handle.

The future of Safe Haven was unknown. We knew it would still exist and protect demigods for as long as our existence continued for generations, but we didn't know who the future keepers would be. For the closer years in the future, Kyle would continue leading as Keeper. That is until Kyle and I left to continue our lives. We wanted to continue with our plan we once made when we thought we were going to have to run away for our own safety. We wanted to leave Safe Haven and start a life together out in the real world. Until that time came, though, we would wait until another demigod came who proved their loyalty and worth to lead the demigod population.

With many years of uncertainty to come, we knew one thing. No matter what danger we came to face, we knew we would make it through. We knew no matter how long or dark the problem was, we would eventually make it to the light at the end of the tunnel.

***

THE END

Thank you for reading all the way to the end<3 I appreciate you all.

I kept the ending the same in both books. Both end with something about making it to the light at the end of the tunnel. It is a good saying and I think that everyone should keep it in their mind. No matter how hard of a time you are going through at the moment, it will eventually end and you will find peace.

I hope you enjoyed this series! If you did, please let me know:) I need all of the feedback I can get.

Should I write an epilogue? Maybe taking place years into the future??

Thank you for taking your time into reading completely through this series. I put a lot of time and effort into writing these. I am forever thankful for you giving your time of day to my stories! I have loved creating this storyline and I fell in love with the characters in the meantime. I hope you enjoyed them just as much as I did.

Thanks again:) I love you all.

~Emily