The Bonder

The Bonder^

The knock seemed louder than a normal one. Maybe he hit the door to hard, or maybe it was the magic of the house.

The door opened and a small girl with wild orange hair and white eyes stared at his chest. She turned in a full circle before her sightless eyes rested on his face. She immediately unnerved him, as if her unseeing eyes could find the darkest secrets that were kept in his soul.

"What are you willing to give in return for her?" Her eyes still somehow holding his. Her voice was drizzled in honey but it also hid a poison. She wasn't just mad she wanted blood he realized.

"I will give anything to see her again," he stared back into her eyes with so much hunger and his voice held so much conviction that she almost believed him. Only now she had to put him through the real tests.

She walked back into her home muttering an invitation for him to follow. He followed her in, the House was a lot larger on the inside. The living room was off to the left with a small dining room connecting to it. The other side of the living room had an old wooden stairwell that led behind the wall of the living room and up to the second floor. There may not have been a lot of space but the space that was there was used to the fullest extent.

She left little time for him to marvel at the beautifully decorated home, with gems and art covering the light gray walls with a plum couch and white carpeted floors. The house was beautiful. It reminded him of Bridget, it was her style comfort, natural, and vivacious.

She walked up the stairs and once again he followed. The stairs led to another sitting room with several doors a hallway. She walked down the hallway and walked to the third door on her left. Taking a key she unlocked the door to her study.

The study was a huge room compared to the downstairs living room and one gal was stacked top to bottom with rows of bookshelves. The books were separated by genre and author and then by color. The other half of the room was an office with a desk and floor to ceiling windows. The desk has a lot of things on it but was still neat, it has two chairs in front of it and had books piling on the sides of it out of its Pristine order and looking as though they were thrown there carelessly.

The Bonder sat behind her desk and pulled her wild hair in a messy bun atop her head. She stared at him for several minutes before snapping her head to the pad of paper in front of her. She quickly started writing things down in no particular order making Odd lines and circling certain things, this
took several more minutes and his patience was growing thin quickly.

"Why are you here? What did you do?" She asked once again looking straight into his eyes. Her blazing aura would not back down, she was clearly either getting what she wanted or nothing all. No compromises. Ever. It's a wonder she and Bridget had been such great friends. So long ago now but still so easy to remember.

"I made a mistake I-"

"Yes, yes it's always a mistake. I will be better this time. I love them. Blah, blah, blah. You think I haven't heard that before. You think I haven't had people cry and whine and beg for their mate back because they 'accidentally' rejected, or abused them?" She interrupted. He flinched at her tone when she said accidentally. This flower was all thorns and no petals.

"When I found out she was my mate, I heard things. Bad things about her. She couldn't have gotten to the position she had gotten to without being deadly, ambitious, and smart. In all honesty She scared me more than anyone had ever before. She can kill in the blink of an eye and then be her smiling, lovely self a split second later. I don't know which one is the real her. So I ignored her, and went on dates with other women and showed them to my parents, and-"

"SHE IS YOUR EVERMORE," The Bonder screamed. "How could YOU of all people think she is untrustworthy? How could you think she is a danger to yourself?
You know her hopes and dreams, you were best friends. You know her inside and out. Yet when you had the chance to be happy you ruined it.

It's funny when she came to me she told me you were scared to be happy and to Love because of what happened to tour parents. You were scared to spend an eternity of misery with someone you used to love like your parents do. She wasn't even mad at you back then, not even after two years. She kept faithful that you would realize your error and wake up from the hope that you could somehow not love her. Which in time you did only after you thought she died," her eyes were soft and her voice was sweet and caring.

"She thinks Juno is dead and that it's her fault. Find her and make her know she cant save everyone. Don't let her go. If she has not already lost herself goodness knows she's only hanging on by a thread. She won't forgive you anytime soon but it's better you start now than later. You know her better than anyone she will need time lots of it. And if you need a push you know where to find me." She slumped back into her seat and started flipping through a book written in grail.

"As much as I dislike you. I think it is only fair of you to know that you are not the only one at fault here. We both know she is not the most loving of Lycans. She will push you away and she will be tanacious as unforgiving and cold and mean and all the other awful
Things we know she can be. She just needs time. Show her it is alright to hold someone dear. She has yet to witness the true power of a bond. I have tried for many years, but the ones she had seen never ended well. She thinks it's her fault. She believes the bond wishes to punish her and make her its own personal fool. Prove her wrong, because she is being dumb." The Bonder huffed and crosses her arms falling back into her large brown leather chair once agin. Shee pushed the book she was feeling off to the side of the fest and Stared moodily at a pile of books that have yet to be put away.

He was in shock. All that she said and all that he had done. He hated himself so much and he hated what he had done so much more. Two years of neglect and disrespect the two things Bridget hated most and she still had hope for him. He would not rest till he allowed Bridget to get her revenge on him, he didn't care what it would take Bridget deserved every single punishment for him she had ever thought of. Even if that meant being with another male in front of him. He would allow it. For Bridget .

He also felt lighter. Things could change and they could love each other once again. While he was at fault the blame was not all his and he could work with that. He would get his evermore back

"Can you test our bond?" He asked. The Bonder started choking on something and almost fell out of her chair.

"You want me t-to test your bond? But that's only for people who-who... I... give me your hand," she roughly grabbed his hand and he suddenly felt a pull at his heart, soon that pull turned into tug of war and he was on the ground crying in pain. His chest was being ripped apart and then burned in a kiln. It was like nothing he had ever felt before he was in the ground and curled into a ball. Suddenly the pain was over and he could stand again. He was shaking and tears were still streaming down his face. He felt weak and scared. What was this lycan in front of him. She looked serene and unaffected.

"Your Bond is fine. You at fine stop acting like you almost died nothing fell off or got hurt stop whining. Besides I think it's High time you left anyway. I have something I have to deal with," She wasn't looking at him instead she was staring out the window alert and tense.

He took his leave still shaken by his visit but more determined than ever to find Bridget and let her unleash her own form of hell over him.

He left the cabin, as someone else entered. Finally, two men would find their two women. (The Bonder will be getting her own book so don't y'all worry)