Punishment

Waking up in a room that has been my nightmare for more than four years is not supposed to bring comfort. It is not supposed to make me feel warm and whole, but here I am. waking up in familiar dark gray cotton sheets that adorned the black posted bed.

The light gray walls bordered in while lead to large windows with a padded sitting ledge. The room that has not changed in the four years since I had been in it, it still had a sense of lush comfort.

Waking up in Nash's room is not a first time thing, yet it still takes my breathe away. His smell of fresh morning basked in the sun permeate through the air and fill me with hope.

Getting off the bed, I silently padded to the second closet that was across the bed. In there clothes my size adorned the hangers and shoes that fit lay below them. Smirking to myself at the familiar sight I grabbed a vintage 50,s swing dress and a pair of black boots.

Although we are animals we like to look good. Beauty and danger go hand in hand in our world, never trust a rose for it has thorns is a popular saying around these walls. It's a mean world and unforgiving. Any advantage is a big advantage.

Walking though the familiar halls made me feel like a bird that loves its cage. I can't help how I feel here, and I hate myself even more for it. I exit the east wing of the castle and make my way down the grand staircase that led to the chair room that I was in when I came back to the castle.

My presence must have been felt immediately because Ophelia who was in a layered white halter neck dress with a black bow. Layers symbolize wealth as the rich can afford more layers in their clothes. Elio looked as dashing as ever in his black suit yet regarded me with cold eyes.

"Look who decided her play time was over." He snarled at me.

Remaining silent I walk over to the center of the room and fall into my knees, head bowed in full submission as my dress flattened against the marble floor.

"I have come here to ask for forgiveness. I have abandoned the ways to which I have sworn to follow, and broken my ties to your pure blood line. I know I should have come back when I was healthy to do so, but I stayed and hid in fear. This cannot be forgiven, but I ask as a favor to be punished accordingly but reinstated as a staff. Member in this palace," I don't have enough in me to look up at his and Ophelia's face. But the laughs that resonated through the room shock me out of my submissive stance.

"As formal as ever Bridge, I expected nothing less, but you don't need to be suck a kiss ass. A simple 'thank you, please forgive me' would have been fine,"Elio's deep laugh resonated through the room and sends vibrations through the floor.

"All being said though you must be punished. It just so happens I have the perfect one in mind. You never will be allowed to be in a guard position and you must be a head maid as of now."

I stare up at him in shock of the lax punishment. There mist be some catch and the mischief that dances in his eyes tell me I won't be happy about it.

"You will no longer be my head maid, not Ophelia, and definitely not Juno's. You will be under Nash's command as well as you are unable to leave the palace grounds and enter the west wing of the castle. Effective immediately"

A/N

I am so sorry I have not updated. Writers block has killed me. I will try to update every Monday from not on.

Vote, comment, and go eat some worms. Bye y'all