Chapter One

The only sound in the elegant courtroom was the sound of Eren own heart thumping and the sound of the blood rushing to his ears. He opened his mouth to say something then closed, not sure what to say.He stared at the king, utterly appalled at what he had just said. His green eyed gaze swept over to a small girl with blond hair and the most beautiful blue eyes he had ever seen.

Historia.

Her gaze was kept to the ground, no sound of protest leaving her lip, as if she accepting her supposed "destiny". He gritted his teeth and could not stand to stay silent anymore.

"Marriage? Forced? AND pregnancy?!" he snapped, glaring daggers at the king. He yelped when he felt someone elbow him in the gut. He saw his older half brother, Zeke, giving him a warning look that said for him to be silent. Zeke turned to the king and nodded.

"Your majesty,if you truly believe this will bring peace for our kind, the Titan Shifters and your people, then we are all for it."

Eren's jaw dropped and he stared at his brother. What was he saying?! Didn't Historia have the right to choose her own path?! Didn't she have a say in this?!

Eren felt a hand upon his shoulder and saw that it was Pieck, also known as the Cart Titan. She smiled comfortingly and squeezed his shoulder gently.She was also his brother's wife and she had a mother like aura about her, often looking after Eren as if he was her son. He relaxed but shock and disbelief flooded through him.

"And what about what Historia wants?" he asked quietly, his gaze locked on her "Is this what you want?"

"I understand your concern for me, Eren, but I also understand the duties I must perform for my people. And I accept." Historia finally spoke. Eren narrowed his eyes, not truly believing her.

"Then look me in the eyes. Look me in the eyes and tell me that this is what you want". He said, not harshly but firm. She kept her gaze on the floor.

"I want this..." she whispered.

"I said look me in the eyes."

"Eren...brother" Zeke spoke softly, seeing the pain in his younger brother's eyes but also sensing the pain in Historia. He swallowed the lump in his throat. He had agreed to the arrangement and he could see hints of anger and hurt in his brother's eyes that were directed at him. He watched as Historia raised her head and looked him in the eyes.

"I want this, Eren. I choose this."

Instantly, he felt Eren's heartbreak and watched as his expression changed from that of despair to coldness and he resisted the urge to reach out and comfort his little brother. He knew Eren was hurt and destroyed and there was no way to protect him from the attack that came next.

"Excellent!", the king beamed. Zeke wanted to beat the shit out of him. "Then it is settled! My daughter will marry the Armored Titan!"

"T-The Armored Titan?! Reiner?!" Eren exclaimed, staring in shock.The king nodded, a grin on his face.

"Of course! If we are to bring the next strongest Titan Shifter, then it should have armor so that it will indestructible!"

"The Armored Titan was never indestructible...even Reiner had his weaknesses...just ask Eren." Pieck mumbled but the king was clapping his hands in excitement.

"I admit Zeke, I am glad you chose him! The child will be so strong!"

Zeke closed his eyes as soon as Eren turned to face him, eyes holding so much anger. Eren was furious, Zeke had been the first person who knew of his feelings for her, after Levi. Why would he choose REINER of all people?! And then not have the courage to tell him before now?!