A Penny for Your Thoughts

Dear Somebody,

             If you're reading this, I really don't know how you got it. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or pleased or something, but at least you'll know how I feel. Maybe that's a good thing, or it could ruin everything, but here goes...

             I remember when I first met you, at that wishing fountain. I know what you're thinking--so cheesy-- but hear me out. I like you. I really like you. Maybe not love, but it hurts when I see you with someone else. It hurts when you don't talk to me. I feel like I'm someone when you hang out with me, I feel appreciated. You make me laugh, make me smile. You make me forget the pain, the fears. You're always supporting me through the thick and thin. You've never me stray to far. 

            This feeling I have towards you, is something that I can't stop. It's breaking me, but mending me. Its giving me doubt, but giving me hope. There's just something about you that I can let go--won't let go. I know you don't feel the same way. I see the way you look at her. She's your light, your wish. You cherish her. It's always been her before me. But I get it, I'm just a friend. Nothing more, nothing less. 

             I wish you were mine. I wish I was yours. I wish I was more. I wish I was everything you wish for...but I'm not. I've accepted it, but I can't help feel heartbroken. Don't worry, I'll be fine. But right now, I just need a moment to imagine us--me and you-- together. That day at that wishing fountain where I found my closest friend. 

             My heart is flustered and I can't imagine myself without you--friends or not. I just hope--I wish from the depth of my heart-- that someday, you'll understand. Someday I'll tell you and you'll reject me. I'll say I won't be heartbroken when I am. I'll start laughing when I'm crying inside. I'll hide the truth, but I'll let it out. 

            There's one more wish I'd like to make with this last penny: If I tell you how I really feel, don't leave me. 

Sending my best wishes,

Nobody