3

Y/n swiftly lands on the rooftop of an apartment complex, her outfit returning to her shirt and jeans prior to changing to her navy coat. She moves through the staircase reaching the 5th floor and runs to her destination. She stops for a moment to adjust her hair and clothes before opening the door and entering.

"Hey y/n, you're early." A voice calls from the kitchen, the sound running water and dishes clanking together come with the voice.

"As per usual." Y/n responds as she walks to the entryway. "He back yet?"

"Yea, came in about 10 minutes ago and ran straight to his room."

"Thanks May!" Y/n responds as she moves down the hallway.

"Oh and let Peter know that we're getting Thai for dinner." May shouts.

"Will do." Y/n walks down the hallway and knocks on the first door. "Pete?" She waits for the familiar voice to ring out instead, she hears multiple thumps and a loud;

"Ow!"

"Peter?!" Y/n bursts through the door to find a half naked Peter Parker laying on the floor. "I... Oh my god." She quickly turns away. "Pete, you okay?" She asks, still facing the wall.

"Yea I'm fine." Peter responds as he shuffles to get dressed. "You can turn around now."

"What the hell were you even doing?"

"I was uh... ch-changing out of... uhm... my school clothes!" He exclaims. "I wanted something more comfortable."

Y/n raises an eyebrow at the boy as she moves closer. She reaches her hand out and Peter suddenly becomes nervous. Swiftly, Y/n grabs the tag of his hoodie. "You should probably make sure your shirt is on correctly, not inside out and backwards." She laughs as she tosses her bag onto the bed. "May said we're getting Thai so hurry up." Y/n plants a kiss on Peter's cheek before exiting his bedroom.

Meanwhile, at the Avengers Compound, the rest of the team meets with the Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross. "Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass . . . I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some who would prefer the word "vigilantes''." The Secretary says.

"And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?" Natasha questions.

"How about "dangerous"? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" Ross steps away from in front of the screen as clips play. "New York. Washington DC. Sokovia. Lagos."

"Okay. That's enough." Steve demands.

"For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution." Ross sets a large packet on the table and slides it to Wanda, who in turn passes it to Rhodey. "The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries, it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary." Ross explains.

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that." Steve defends.

"Tell me, Captain, do you know where Thor and Banner are right now?" Ross retaliates. Steve remains silent. "If I misplaced a couple of 30 megaton nukes, you can bet there'd be consequences. Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground."

"So, there are contingencies." Rhodey questions as he flips through the packet.

"Three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the Accords. Talk it over." Ross says as he begins to leave.

"And if we come to a decision you don't like?" Natasha questions.

Ross turns back to speak. "Then you retire."