starbucks

Olivia:

I laughed as my friend Courtney made another joke about her new boyfriend, Keith. We were walking out of our second-period class and my stomach growled as I felt myself starting to get hungry.

"You guys are so cute. I wish I had someone," I sighed. I hadn't ever had a relationship and I was about to graduate college.

"Don't worry Liv, you'll find someone eventually," she patted me on the back. 

"How would you know? You get all the guys!" I joked, nudging her on the shoulder. 

"Shut up. Keith is only my second boyfriend," she smiled, her face turning red. "Now let's go to Starbucks. My next class starts in an hour," she looked at her phone.

"Okay, fine," I sighed again, as we walked across the street to the Starbucks.

We walked in and got in line as usual. I was checking my texts when Courtney suddenly shoved me in the gut. 

"Dude. What the hell?" I looked up, holding my stomach.

"Look!" She excitedly pointed behind the register. I craned my neck and suddenly caught a glimpse of an extremely attractive barista fixing up a drink.

"Whoa. I've never seen him before," I watched him skillfully fix up the whipped cream on someone's drink. And then proceed to accidentally knock it over. The drink fell on the counter and he quickly turned around and tried to catch it, but ended up getting whipped cream all over his hands. I giggled and then covered my mouth as I tried not to laugh.

"Shayne!" I heard someone call angrily from inside.

"Coming," He sighed, wiping up the mess with a napkin and trudging inside.

"He was hot," Courtney sighed.

"And clumsy," I laughed. "Also, you have a boyfriend. You aren't allowed to check out guys,"

"No one has to know," she sighed dreamily. I giggled. 

The hot barista (supposedly named Shayne) walked out of the back room, wiping his hands on his jeans. He looked so bored and uninterested in his work that I almost pitied him. He scratched his nose with his hand and left a little bit of whipped cream on it. I tried to suppress my laugh as he called out, "I can help the next person in line,"

Courtney and I stepped up to the register. "Hi, I would like a pink drink," Courtney smiled, winking at the barista. Either he didn't notice or didn't seem to care. "Okay, anything for you ma'am?" he asked, looking up at me. His face suddenly changed as he frowned, trying to recognize me. "Olivia?"

"Um... yeah? Do I know you?" I frowned, confused. 

"Yes! Well... I mean I know you, but I wouldn't expect you to remember me," he looked down, blushing.

"Sorry?" I glanced at Courtney, even more confused now.

"I was in your math class in high school. It's okay if you don't remember, I -"

"Oh my god, Shayne," my eyes widened as I suddenly recognized him. "It's been so long," I smiled at him.

"Yeah, it has," he smiled back at me. "You know, I used to really really like you," his ears turned red again as he looked down.

"Oh really...?" I smiled mischievously at Courtney without Shayne noticing.

"Go for it," Courtney mouthed, suppressing a giggle.

"Well, Shayne... I mean... if you still do," I started, getting a little nervous myself, "I mean... w-would you want to like hang out sometime? Or something?" Wow, smooth, Olivia, I thought to myself.

"Yeah, totally," he laughed, much to my surprise. "Wanna grab coffee or something sometime? I mean, it doesn't have to be Starbucks --"

"Hey, how long is this gonna take?" Shayne was interrupted by the guy standing behind us.

"Sorry about that sir," Shayne flashed an award-winning smile at him. 

Wow, he's so damn dreamy.

"Anyways," he continued, "Would you like a drink too?"

"Yeah, I'll take an iced coffee, thank you," I smiled. 

"Alright then! One pink drink and one iced coffee for the two lovely ladies," he cheerily put together my coffee and handed it to me. "On the house for both of you," he whispered. "But don't tell anyone," he added, glancing around.

"Alright," I laughed, quickly grabbing a napkin and jotting down my number. "Thanks for your services," I slid the napkin to him over the table. Once he noticed he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"T-thanks, Olivia, I'll call you," he stuttered.

"No problem, Shayne," I winked at him and leaned over to wipe off the whipped cream on his upper lip with my sleeve, which only seemed to make his ears even more red than they were before. As Courtney and I walked out the Starbucks I waved goodbye to him and heard a loud crash from behind me.

"Shayne! Did you drop the milk carton again?"

And I giggled.

HI GUYS I UPDATED ARE YOU PROUD OF ME?? SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED OMG BUT IM GONNA TRY TO UPDATE THIS BREAK!! YAYAY LOVE Y'ALL!!