Chapter II

Beca's POV

Chloe Beale... I keep saying the name over and over again in my head. I met her last week when she came into the store and bought an Ace of Base record and since then, she's been coming in every day but not buying anything. I watch her and she just flicks through records, picks them up, and reads them. I ask her if she needs help with anything and she always says that she doesn't. I do think that it's a little odd that she doesn't buy anything but when I look at her, it's like she can feel me watching so she looks at me and I quickly look away. But the weird thing is, I can feel her watching me, too and when I look, she is so what's that about?

Whenever I talk to her she goes red in the face -  just like her hair - and stutters. It's like she's nervous or something but in reality, it's me who should be nervous. She's so beautiful. I've never seen anyone like her before in my life. She's got long, red hair, bright, blue eyes, and a beautiful figure. I try not to look at her, I really do but I can't help myself sometimes. Every time she comes into the store I want to talk to her and get to know her a bit better but I always chicken out. I figure if she wanted to talk to me then she would. I told her to come and get me if she needed any help but she never does. She just looks at records for about half an hour before leaving and not saying a word.

Today was more successful though because we talked! It was awkward and anyone watching would have been cringing the entire time. She finally picked out a record today - it was Queen. I never figured her as someone who likes the classic roll and roll band but people are full of surprises. She was so adorable when she told me that she didn't have any change to give me. It was only forty-two cents so I let her have it for twenty dollars. If I could have had my way, I would have just given it to her for free. I can't get her out of my head even as I walk back to my apartment after finishing my shift, she's still there. I've been wondering what her name was ever since I saw her and now that I finally know, it's time to stalk her online - something I never do with people but I think it's safe to say that Chloe is different.

I hope she's single. I hope to God that she's single. I don't have a type, I never did but I do now. I was never particularly fond of redheads but I certainly am now. She's just so beautiful. I can't wait to see her again but I'm worried now that she's got her record that she won't come back. She said "probably" when I asked her if she won't come back. I hope she was joking. I want to see her again. I want to talk to her again and just ask her out. I was going to earlier in the week but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I mean, what if she's taken? I don't want to look like any more of an idiot than I already do!

I finally reach my apartment where I'm greeted by smoke and the fire alarm ringing loudly.

"What the...?" I start coughing and waving the smoke out of my face. "Amy, what the Hell's going on in here?" I shout.

"Sorry! I was trying to make you a nice dinner but it kinda went up in flames..."

"Open the windows!" I hurriedly open up all of the windows to let the smoke out.

Amy is my roommate. She calls herself Fat Amy but I always shorten it to Amy since it's easier. She's overweight but she doesn't care. Her upbeat personality and her funny sense of humour never fail to make me smile. Plus, she's Australian so her accent is enough to make me smile, too.

"What were you making?" I ask, putting my bag on the couch, finally being able to hear again once the ringing stopped.

"I was trying to make you some chicken and a nice salad but it didn't go as planned..."

"Didn't you check on the chicken or something?"

"Yeah, of course!"

I look at her dubiously.