Hints

Tobias Pov:

We make it to the closest human safe town and we stop in the park of it.

Isabel faces me and Isaac.

"Well I guess my journey starts here," Isabel says with a smile.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" I ask Isabel.

"Yes I'm sure Toby. I need to learn how to survive on my own and fight for myself," Isabel says to me.

"I can understand that," Isaac says to Isabel.

"Well, I wish you the best of luck, my friend," I say to Isabel and give her a hug.

Isabel hugs back and says to me, "I wish the same for yourself, my good friend."

Next thing me and Isaac know, Isabel's waving to us then disappearing on to another street.

"I'm going to miss her," I say with a soft smile. "But I know this is the best for her."

"She does know how to use a gun well," Isaac says.

"She's pretty good with katanas as well,"

"True true,"

I stretch then pull out my new map that Abigail happily gave me.

I look at the map then say, "So right now were in Russia, so let's use this to our advantage to go visit Scechin,"

"Scechin?" Isaac asks me then hovers over my shoulder to look at my map.

"Yeah! It's the most popular merchant town in the country!" I hold up my overly large bag of Russian money that I'm surprised can fit in my backpack. "And we got all this, so we should be able to buy some things to replace what I left at the Empire Base."

"You had a lot of weird stuff though Tobias. I don't think they'll have everything you need-"

"It's a big town, don't worry," I pat his shoulder making him give me a unbelieving look.

I look back down at my map.

"We will need to sneak on to a delivery train though which will be tricky,"

"How so? We've done that before,"

"Death penalty is the punishment for piggybacking public vehicles, so I would assume we'd both get a bit nervous and maybe slip up a bit, because humans are like that," I try to make the word humans sound a bit different from the rest of my speaking to give him a idea that I know his secret, but he doesn't seem to notice by the way he nods.

I want to tell him I know his "being human" secret, but I don't want to say it, so I'm going to give hints in my way of speaking instead.

"Well we could dress as demon workers that load the train so we don't get caught as easily as just hiding inside," Issac says.

"Well that's not a bad idea, but we'd need demon features to make it seem real," I say.

"Well we could say our demon features are sensitive to heat because it's summer and then they'll just assume we have them away because of that,"

"But teeth are always visible on a demon and we don't have them,"

"There has to be a costume shop somewhere around here that'll have fake teeth,"

"FINE," Isaac flinches. "I mean- Fine."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, don't worry,"

Isaac holds my hands.

"Please always tell me what's wrong when you're upset. You can trust me,"

Like hell I can.

"Okay Isaac,"

————————————

Idk how many ppl read this book

But I'm back

FROM THE DEAD

ÙwÚ