Chapter Fifteen

Y/N woke up early for once, even after getting nearly no hours of sleep.

A few weeks had passed since hers and Keith's first date, and Mason was supposed to arrive today. She and Mason had talked quite a bit over the past weeks, and Mason had repeatedly said that her trip took longer than expected by a week or so due to a couple things coming up, but Y/N kept reassuring her that it was alright.

Y/N rolled over and pushed Nikki playfully as the puppy- who had gotten a bit larger- panted happily. Nikki raised up a paw and placed it on Y/N's leg, expecting a treat like she normally got whenever she gave her paw to Y/N to shake.

"No, Nikki, you only get a treat when I tell you to shake," Y/N groggily explained. Nikki whined a little bit before getting up and jumping off of the bed, flailing around once she reached the ground a bit after loosing her footing.

Y/N stretched and pushed herself up from her bed, ready to start the day with mild procrastinating between each task, when she heard a knock on the front door.

"Y/N!" Mason's voice shouted from outside. "We're here!"

Y/N's eyes widened upon hearing Mason's voice. She had assumed it would take a while, since the girl was known to need a bare minimum of six hours of sleep every day. She had gotten five one day but was practically passing out every five minutes from exhaustion, and her snarky attitude had gone through the roof.

Y/N quickly rushed over to keep Nikki from running into a couch out of excitement from a knock at the door before proceeding to quickly change. As soon as she opened her bedroom door again Nikki had shot out of the room at speeds to outrun a bullet and jumped over the back of the couch, clearing it in one large hop.

"Nikki, stop that!" Y/N scolded her dog. Nikki ran around in circles in front of the door, barking rapidly. Y/N had to grab her collar as she opened the front door, revealing two girls and a rather large kitten.

"Hey Y/N," Mason greeted.

"Hey Mason," Y/N said back.

"This is A.J.," Mason said, nodding to the girl with dyed white hair in two space buns next to her. "She's my girlfriend."

Y/N was taken aback by A.J.. Mason never really seemed to completely get over Toni, and Y/N thought it would take longer for her best friend to get over her ex-girlfriend.

"Nice to meet you," Y/N said.

"You too," A.J. said back. "We've only known each other for a few months, but Mason had told me so much about you, so it's nice to finally have a face for the name."

"Wait, a few months?" Y/N asked, looking to Mason for confirmation. Mason smiled sheepishly at Y/N.

"Yeah. She was moving to the L.A. area, too, so I figured I would stop by and we would travel out here together," Mason said.

A.J. nodded. "I have family about an hour north, so I'm moving up there to be closer to my nieces, nephew, and sister," she explained.

"Okay," Y/N said, nodding. "So, what's with the cat?" She motioned to the silver kitten with black spots, which was large enough that both of Mason's hands cupped together probably wouldn't be enough to hold it, it's eyes had probably been opened for a few weeks, and its rounded ears were unfolded, indicating that it was at last a few weeks old.

"Oh." Mason laughed nervously. "Haha yeah, I may or may not have bought a Savannah kitten. His name is Oscar."

Y/N blinked at the kitten, who blinked back at her.

"He's named after Oscar the grouch from Sesame Street," A.J. explained. "He's kinda a bitch but we love him."

"How much did you spend on him?" Y/N asked, worried that her friend may have spent all her life savings on a cat, which, by the way, wouldn't be something that Y/N would put past her.

"Well, technically I didn't spend anything on him," Mason said.

"My parents have a savannah cat that had kittens a while ago, so they 'sold' her one," A.J. said.

"I don't like the way you said 'sold,'" Y/N said almost nervously.

"They transferred money into her account so that she could 'buy' one from them," A.J. explained.

"Why exactly?" Y/N asked.

"Because I'm amazing," Mason said sarcastically.

"My parents seem to love her for some odd reason so they have her one," A.J. said playfully. Mason rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out playfully back at her. "He's registered and everything."

"Okay, but they could've sold him for, like, twelve grand bare minimum," Y/N pointed out. "Do they just have kittens lying around?"

"It's not that hard to believe that people actually like me, y'know," Mason said in mock offense.

"My parents sell purebred savannahs basically for a living, and his mom has litters of an average of five kittens, so that's, like, seventy five grand a litter on average, with usually about two litters a year, and a second with about three kittens per litter, and three litters a year," A.J. said. "They're not exactly short on money."

Y/N's jaw was practically on the floor by that point. "Mason, did you, like, actively seek out a rich girl to date?" she asked. Mason laughed.

"Don't worry, she didn't even know that my parents were rich until just a month or two ago, and I suite my parents for babying me all the time with their money by refusing any of their help," A.J. said. "Take that, parents." Mason chuckled.

"Okay, well, why don't you both come inside?" Y/N suggested, gesturing inside. "Mason, try not to procrastinate on unpacking for too long."

"Wishful thinking," Mason replied. She went inside, A.J. following not too far behind.

Honestly as far as I can remember I have not watched a single episode of Sesame Street but I just know that Oscar the Grouch is my spirit animal

Also I publish a book of multi-fandom oneshots, so go check that out and request stuff