Chapter 1

Hey so I have read where Hermione goes back, but what if Lucius comes forward in time? Eh? I'll get as far as I can, okay? XO.

7th Year, 1971

Lucius Malfoy strode confidently down the corridor, Head Boy badge pinned to his brand new robes. He stopped in front of the stone gargoyle and spoke the password, Exploding Bon-Bons, with ease. He wondered what Professor could possibly want, his grades were perfect, his duties are perfect, his hair was perfect (currently sitting just below his shoulders, shining platinum in the torchlight), in other words, he was perfect.

As soon as he was up the spiral staircase, he rapped the door thrice with his knuckles and entered when he was told to do so. Professor Dumbledore was sitting behind his desk, little silver instruments whizzing and emitting puffs of smoke on the desks and spindly tables.

Professor Dumbledore signaled that Lucius take a seat, and so he sat in the cushy chair in front of the desk.

"Mister Malfoy," Dumbledore started, blue eyes X-raying the confident seventeen - year - old, "You are no doubt wondering why I called you to my office," Malfoy nodded in response, "You see, I was informed that a series of tragic events were to happen, their nature I do not know, but I was told to send you there," he bent into a drawer and pulled out a small rectangular box with the Hogwarts crest on it. He handed the box over for Lucius to open, and when he did, a time-turner and a piece of parchment lay neatly inside.

Malfoy picked up the parchment and noted that there were written instructions on it. 12 full clockwise turns, 9 half clockwise turns, 1 half counter-clockwise turn.

"This mission that was spoken of involves making the one who knows more than anyone feel. She will be very stubborn, and hardly reachable. I do not know who she is, all I know is that she will be making a grave mistake and only you can prevent it."

Lucius studied the time-turner intently, "Will I be returning?'

"That choice is yours and yours only to decide."

The blonde frowned slightly, running the delicate gold chain through his slim fingers while considering the lack of information presented to him.

Professor Dumbledore sighed, "Lucius," the sound of his name made his head snap up, "You will have to leave soon, you know," Dumbledore sounded slightly upset to have his Head Boy leave him.

Malfoy unpinned his badge and handed it over, "Who will be Head Boy now? I recommend Severus Snape, though he is not too popular, he is mature enough to hold authority, or that Remus Lupin, although he is not my favorite person, he is very mature for his age."

"I will weigh the pros and cons, Mister Malfoy, meanwhile I was under the impression you had somewhere to be at the moment."

Malfoy stood up and placed the chain around his neck and started turning, "Good luck, Lucius," were the last words he heard before he started spinning through time.

The blackness dissipated and Lucius landed on his feet in Dumbledore's office, only now it was no longer warm and inviting. The room was washed in silvery moonlight and the objects were still, and the office had the feel of and abandoned building, cold and resentful.

The door burst open and Lucius whirled around, the time-turner and note stuffed in his pocket, and was faced with three blood stained, battle-scarred teenagers. They each froze in mid sentence and their eyebrows lifted in unison.

The one on the lift was tall, lanky, and ginger with loads of freckles all over. The middle one was slightly shorter, with unruly black hair and piercing green eyes, and resembled someone from his time (that Gryffindor Quidditch star, James Potter), and the young woman on the right was a beautiful wreck. Her long mousy hair was in a messy knot on top of her head, brown eyes narrowed in suspicion, and was poised in a manner of unwavering intelligence. She screamed smarts. The common thing between the three was that they were all tired-looking, their clothes were ripped and stained, and they looked as if they survived the apocalypse.

Lucius took a hesitant step forward and held his hand out uncertainly, "Good evening, my name is Lucius Malfoy, and if you do not mind me asking, what year is it?"

--

So I just did all this math to determine this. Lucius was born 1953, and that means his First year was in 1964, and the Second war ended 1998, and Draco was 17. The War was when Lucius was 27 years out of Hogwarts, making him 44. So 44 (yrs.) - 27(yrs out of HW) equals 17. Meaning Lucius had Draco straight from HW. 44-27=17. So Lucius' 7th year was indeed 1971. Please applaud me and appreciate my effort. XO.