Chapter 2

The three teenagers instantly whipped out their wands, and Lucius stumbled backwards, hands raised in surrender.

Hermione studied Malfoy intently, he was just over six-foot tall, but he had fewer lines on his face and his hair was much shorter. She lowered her wand and signaled the others to do the same.

"Mis-Lucius," Hermione started, she would have to get used to that, since they were the same age, "The year is 1998, and It's May second," She suspected time travel, and could tell the others knew so, too.

His eyebrows rose slightly, but quickly rearranged his face into a cool confidence.

"I am Hermione Granger-"

"Wow, 'Mione, I'm shocked you didn't introduce as 'HI! I'm the smartest chick you'll ever meet because I outsmarted the Ministry for the past seven years, and- OUCH!'" Ron did a shockingly similar impression to her voice, and had received a hard punch in the arm from both her and Harry.

"Hardy-har. You'll have to excuse him Lucius," She pointed a death glare in Ron's direction,"Some people don't know common courtesy or when to keep their mouths shut!"

Outsmarted the Ministry for seven years? She looks my age.... OH.

Dumbledore had told Lucius she would be hard to find, but he was almost certain this was the one he spoke of. He just needed to get a little more information on her to make sure.

"Anyway, I'm Hermione, and this red-headed git is Ron, and the green-eyed boy next to me is Harry Potter."

Hermione was already starting to feel her romantic feelings toward Ron fade as she recalled his tone-of-voice, the way he condescended her. Made her sound like a snobby know-it-all. She looked over at her boyfriend and saw that he was wearing a look of utmost loathing towards the soon-to-be Death Eater. Hermione truly doubted poor Malfoy even knew of his fate, yet. Ron was judging Malfoy only on what he knew of the adult Lucius. The blonde boy seemed perfectly all right in her opinion.

She stepped forward with a smile and held out her hand. Lucius gave a small smile in return and shook her hand. Harry came next to Hermione and repeated the gesture. Very grudgingly, Ron stepped up and only shook Malfoy's hand twice jerkily before dropping it.

Lucius thought humorously that he seemed a little jealous.

"Smirking, Malfoy?" Ron snapped.

"RONALD BILIUS WEASLEY!" Hermione screamed. All three boys' gazes snapped towards her.

The brunette's hair practically crackled with electricity as she stood, fuming, staring death at Ron.

"WE HAVE BEEN TROUGH ENOUGH THE PAST YEAR WITHOUT YOU GETTING LIKE THIS AGAIN, JUST AFTER VOLDEMORT'S DEATH," She took a deep breath and her voice took on a more controlled tone, "Ronald, there are no horcruxes to be blamed for the way you are acting, and I swear on Dumbledore's grave that if you continue on like this, we. Are. Through. Because I am not going to let you stand here, picking on a perfectly decent man whom you only see as a malicious person. News flash, Ronald. If you haven't already noticed, this is NOT the Lucius Malfoy we knew. This is not, well I hope not, the Death Eater whose house old Voldy was stationed at for the past year. This poor boy doesn't know of his future and I suggest you give him a chance!"

Lucius' mind reeled with the information hurtled (indirectly) at him. Death Eater? Voldemort gone? Dumbledore dead? Voldemort at MY house, Malfoy Manor? No, he was going crazy.

"Pardon me, Hermione," Her gaze snapped toward him and her cheeks took on a slight pink tint at the sound of her name, "But, as I know you know, I did travel through time to get here. Can we all just sit down and discuss what is going on? Because I am totally lost."