Chapter 12

The sun barely rose over the horizon when the Fellowship woke. A fog clung to the lower portion of the forest as all went off to change and prepare themselves for the long journey ahead. Linnéa bathed once more in the baths before a servant brought her clothing back looking as clean as it did upon leaving Rivendell. A few adjustments had been made to repair holes in the fabric and changed some of the straps so they weren't as worn and ragged. It was rather impressive work done by the Elves, tugging the clothing and bits of armor back on. Pulling free the now braided hair from under the collar of the top Linnéa made her way towards the river. She was the last to arrive as the Fellowship began loading three boats. The lord and lady gave them food, water, new weapons, and bedrolls for the journey ahead. The hospitality more than they could ever hope for on this trying adventure into the unknown. The princess began to help speed up the process.

"Lembas."

Legolas's voice drew her attention seeing he pulled free something from one of their packs. It was pale in color and looked like a baked good she once ate in Dale on a few occasions. She highly doubted it was something as common as that.

"Elvish waybread," the prince continued. "One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man."

How the Elves managed to bake such a thing Linnéa would never know and didn't dare to ask. She probably wouldn't understand it either way, grabbing the remaining gear to secure it in the last boat.

But they didn't leave yet as Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn joined them along the banks of the river with some of their servants. They were ordered to stand in a line and presented with green cloaks that were draped over their shoulders. A green leaf pendant helped clasp it together in the front with a hood to protect from the elements.

"Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people," Lord Celeborn relayed. "May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes."

The material felt comfortable to the touch and incredibly lightweight. To Linnéa it didn't feel like she was wearing a cloak in the first place.

All bowed their heads in gratitude when Lady Galadriel approached each of them with gifts of their own.

"My gift to you, Legolas, is a bow of the Galadhrim," she said, producing a fine looking weapon. "Worthy of the skill of our woodland kin."

His expression was pure fascination examining the detail while pulling back the string to test the suspension. She smiled before moving on to Pippin and Merry.

"These are the daggers of the Noldorin. They have already seen service in war."

While the eldest seemed excited to receive a proper weapon, the youngest acted less keen. Almost timid to be holding such a thing.

"Do not fear, young Peregrin Took." His head snapped towards the Elf as she offered him a comforting smile. "You will find your courage."

Nodding he looked away, still unsure.

"And for you, Samwise Gamgee, Elven rope made of Hithlain."

It was white in color as he took it between his hands, "Thank you, my lady." He turned his attention on Merry and Pippin at his side before looking back up at Lady Galadriel a bit bashful. "Have you run out of those nice, shiny daggers?"

She gave him a knowing smile, but did not offer up one in return. He nodded, accepting his gift without another word.

"And what gift would a Dwarf ask of the Elves?" the lady questioned, coming before Gimli.