Chapter 66: Fullbuster Family

Ultear's POV

Ultear's POV

"Dad, Mom." I greeted as I gave him a quick kiss on his cheeks and I gave one on my mom's. They just returned to Japan and I'm here, at the airport, to pick them up.

"How are you, Ultear? Have you and Gray talked already?" Mom suddenly asked.

I bit my lip as I slowly shook my head in response. Gray must've cancelled my meeting with him because he's avoiding me. All I ever wanted was to talk to him, that's all I ask.

Dad caught my attention when he suddenly started coughing. I immediately went to him and rubbed his back to alleviate it. "Dad, are you alright?? Do you need to go to the hospital??"

"Dear!" Mom got the same reaction as I did.

He held a hand up as his cough eases. He breathed heavily and regains his posture. "I'm fine. I don't want to go to the hospital. We came here to see Gray, not for treatment."

I looked down and my last interaction with Gray came up. Ugh, I'm so stupid. I even came up with the idea of partnership and our past relationship. Well, it was all to piss him, that's all. My acting skills came in handy.

But this time, there won't be anymore acts.

The situation's quite serious now.

"Well then..." Dad started as he fixes his necktie. He gave me a serious look, a look that he hasn't shown to us for awhile. For some reason, it gives me the creeps. He's actually on fire right now.

"Where's Gray right now?"

***

Juvia's POV

"And then, his mother is actually a funny woman! I couldn't believe it, Juvia!" Meredy continued and then giggles after saying it. Yes, we're on skype. It's been awhile since I last talked to her. They're doing great there.

"It really didn't feel awkward to hang out with the Vastia family. Ah, I feel so welcomed." She said and gave a warm smile.

"I'm glad that Lyon's family liked you, Meredy." I said and smiled back at her.

"But wait, is it really okay for you to talk with me on skype right now? When you're at work?" She asked.

"I'm on lunch break so either way, it's fine." I replied. I finished my lunch earlier before she called.

"Hmm... Where's Gray?"

I automatically pouted. It's been almost a month since we attended Natsu and Lucy's wedding and it's also been a month since we last gone out on a date. He suddenly received an office crisis so he's been attending to it for many days.

"Aww... Don't worry. It's not like he has forgotten about you and your b-"

"Meredy, who are you talking to?"