Chapter 70: Quit

WAAAH! You guys really want to end this story. (°^° ) Well then, here's your update hmp.

Juvia's POV

I needed to talk to him.

Another week and a half has passed and what does he expect now? Today's the day I'm supposed to tell him that I'm pregnant with his chi— with our child.

His ignorance has been way over the top.

I asked Mira-san for an advice but she shrugged and left me, which was also odd, knowing the fact that she always help me out when it comes to my relationship with Gray-sama.

Even Lyon said that I should leave him be for now! But what kind of girlfriend would do that?

"Juvia you'll know the gender of your baby today, right?" Mom asked me as she takes her medicine.

"Yes, mom." I said. I told mom that I was pregnant. Surprisingly, she didn't get angry, even though she used to scold me about not getting pregnant before marriage. In fact, she was happy because she's going to have grandchildren.

"And of course, you'll tell Gray about it today, right?"

It's six in the morning and I'm about to head out and go to the office. I was planning to tell him about it today but because of his recent actions, I became unsure of it.

It's like he's telling me to stay away from him without a reason...

I bit my lower lip. "... I'll think about it mom."

Mom puts dowm her cup where she drank water from and said, "Juvia, you shouldn't be selfish and avoid telling him about this. What, are you gonna wait until your child is born?"

"But mom, you know our situation is right now..." I reminded her of him acting strange. "I think, he'll really leave me once he learns that I have a kid growing in my tummy—"

"I know Gray and I'm sure he's not that kind of guy. He has gone through a lot, as you said from your stories. I bet he doesn't want his child to experience the same thing he experienced when he was a kid."

"No matter how hard you two are in a situation right now, your kid is not involved in it. It's two different matters. Do you want your child to grow up without a father?"

Wah, mom's too serious.

"I-I don't want to." I actually answered.

Mom gives me a grin. "That's right. Now go and talk to my son-in-law. And he has a reason on why he keeps on ignoring you."

That made all of my senses active. I looked at mom and raised my eyebrow at her. "... What do you mean—"

She suddenly turns around and says, "Well then, I'm going to bed now. My back hurts and I think I won't be able to get up later. You better close the door, Juvia."