Chapter Øne - Sweet 17

One thing I missed about my ordinary 7 year old life, was that I could sleep for as long as I wanted without servants waking me up all the time.

"Please miss, get up. You'll miss your birthday breakfast!" Lorette said.

Lorette was one of my servants and supervisors appointed by Queen Elysea to me. She was a kind woman at her thirties and she was very loyal to her Queen.

"5 more minutes!" I groaned.

I only got up when I heard my double doors closing. I didn't really want to sleep. I just wanted to take care of myself for once, instead of the servants doing it for me. I washed myself, braided my hair and wore one of my favourite and most simple dresses. It looked like the Aronian lights coming from the Upper Atrëia.

 It looked like the Aronian lights coming from the Upper Atrëia

When Lorette returned she was shocked to see me ready to go. Not that she complained. I just made her job a little easier.

"You look stunning Princess Clarity! Your parents must be so proud of you." She mumbled as she escorted me down the hallway.

I tensed at the word parents. Elysea and Adion were wonderful people but they were certainly not my parents.

Elysea had honey blond wavy hair and her complexity was really light. Her amber eyes were mesmerising.

Adion was a handsome man himself, with brown hair and green eyes.

I was supposed to be their purple haired and blue eyed daughter. The family pictures never made sense.

"Why are you so quiet? It's your special day!" Lorette excitedly said.

Yeah! The ten year anniversary since the day my parents abandoned me.

"I just woke up, Lorette. I haven't even had coffee yet." I smiled.

She nodded and continued to escort me down the stairs.

The Queen and King had prepared a special breakfast for me at the royal garden. It was beautiful really, and it only happened because when I was little, I had told Queen Elysea that I liked flowers. She always remembered that.