White room and dark summer

[read note at the end pls]

__________

Song recommendation: Where's my love - SYML

"I woke up late this morning, again. All because I stayed with you last night... My boss was furious, she had that fake smile on her face – you know the one we hate – but I knew deep down she was fuming. You should've seen her, she was dying to say something but she couldn't."

Jungkook chuckled lightly squeezing her cold hand. 

"Your parents are doing well. I did some gardening with your mom on Wednesday. I guess it helps her cope with... everything."

She didn't respond. Once again, Jungkook was welcomed with silence. Sinb was still sleeping.

Jungkook took the time to admire her features. She was beautiful, as always, and felt peaceful. You could barely see her breathe, but the beeping sound from the machine next to her was telling that she was.

She's still here.

Her hair were now long and dark, contrasting with her milky white skin which had not felt the sun's warmth in so long. Jungkook's gaze stopped to her lips on which he applied some lip-balm.

"Hey, you better keep those lips hydrated if you want me to kiss you after"

Suddenly the door opened behind him: "Mister Jeon, it's time to go to work now." Said the nurse with a smile, too used to seeing Jungkook in this room.

"You're right Miss Young, I better get going."

Jungkook leaned in and kissed Eunbi's forehead. "I'll see you tonight baby"

Beep... Beep... Beep...

"Hey JK, I was looking for you at the cafeteria! Where did you eat?" said Namjoon, one of Jungkook's colleague and only close friend as he sat down on his desk.

"Oh no, I was with Sinb" Jungkook answered with a small smile.

Namjoon didn't bother asking further. After two seasons he noticed how a simple sentence like "any improvement?" could break his friend. Because the answer was always "no" and each time it pained him even more to say it aloud.

No, she has not woken up yet.

Yes, she was stable.

Yes, she was still sleeping. In fact, she has been sleeping for nine months now.

Yes, she was still in the coma.

"Coma", what a cold word. Jungkook hated it. He hated this weird state that could stop time for someone and force everyone else to go on with their life. He hated how simple it was for Eunbi to leave him. He felt abandoned. Was it selfish to think that way? Probably. But who could he blame?

It was a simple car accident, she was on her way to work on a fine day of October when a car came rushing to her left. The impact completely ruined the driver's side. The other automobilist died on the spot. Sinb had her right lung pierced and her other organs were starting to fail one by one. She was rushed to the hospital and after hours of surgery, the doctors said everything went well. They said she was going to live. But Jungkook couldn't fathom why an intern started sobbing in the corridor.